Login

"Authorisation Missing" - Nebula stopped working suddenly!

Tips & tricks, working results, technical support

Re: "Authorisation Missing" - Nebula stopped working suddenly!

Postby giancarlo » Sun Jul 29, 2012 7:57 am

just send the serial of your mac osx
User avatar
giancarlo
Founder
Founder
 
Posts: 9149
Joined: Mon Sep 21, 2009 10:40 pm
Location: Italy

Re: "Authorisation Missing" - Nebula stopped working suddenly!

Postby scooter » Sun Jul 29, 2012 9:01 am

WTF?

Getting this too... :roll:

How do you fix this?

Nebula just stops loading when it gets to "Missing Authorization"
-Scott
User avatar
scooter
Member
Member
 
Posts: 214
Joined: Fri Apr 02, 2010 8:24 pm
Location: Salt Lake City, Utah

Re: "Authorisation Missing" - Nebula stopped working suddenly!

Postby giancarlo » Sun Jul 29, 2012 9:57 am

mac osx: send your mac osx serial located in apple menu
windows: install setup 1.3.505 and install your previous key OR send the new ser file (located in MAST or DISK page of nebula).

---------------------
if you HAVE an old license file (and YES, authorization is missing is your user area because we are not using this website feature yet) AND windows, just apply it.
User avatar
giancarlo
Founder
Founder
 
Posts: 9149
Joined: Mon Sep 21, 2009 10:40 pm
Location: Italy

Re: "Authorisation Missing" - Nebula stopped working suddenly!

Postby scooter » Mon Jul 30, 2012 2:03 am

Thanks

Email sent



giancarlo wrote:mac osx: send your mac osx serial located in apple menu
windows: install setup 1.3.505 and install your previous key OR send the new ser file (located in MAST or DISK page of nebula).

---------------------
if you HAVE an old license file (and YES, authorization is missing is your user area because we are not using this website feature yet) AND windows, just apply it.
-Scott
User avatar
scooter
Member
Member
 
Posts: 214
Joined: Fri Apr 02, 2010 8:24 pm
Location: Salt Lake City, Utah

Re: "Authorisation Missing" - Nebula stopped working suddenly!

Postby edbilleaud » Wed Aug 01, 2012 3:51 am

giancarlo wrote:just send the serial of your mac osx


Thank you G for sending me the new files, everything is working fine again. Much to my relief all of my projects seem to be reloading with the saved configurations. All good so far, thank you.
edbilleaud
User Level VIII
User Level VIII
 
Posts: 89
Joined: Fri Sep 03, 2010 8:38 pm

Re: "Authorisation Missing" - Nebula stopped working suddenly!

Postby ce1909 » Fri Aug 03, 2012 4:41 am

This also just happened to me tonight. Luckily I searched this forum to find that there's a new version available.

You really need to email customers about important & current updates & issues.
i7 5820k, 32GB RAM, Win7 x64
ce1909
User Level XI
User Level XI
 
Posts: 180
Joined: Sat Feb 04, 2012 6:16 pm

Re: "Authorisation Missing" - Nebula stopped working suddenly!

Postby young.baws » Wed Aug 15, 2012 11:18 pm

The same thing just happened 2 me.

It was just supposed to be a NICE day, working on a album 2day. But no. No MIX...very embarrassing in front of my clients :!:

Too bad. Really? To me it does not even make sense that u buy a software, you receive a full license to use your soft.. and then u end up having a limited time working on your full license..
young.baws
User Level III
User Level III
 
Posts: 38
Joined: Mon Jan 10, 2011 9:27 pm

Re: "Authorisation Missing" - Nebula stopped working suddenly!

Postby richie43 » Wed Aug 15, 2012 11:28 pm

young.baws wrote:The same thing just happened 2 me.

It was just supposed to be a NICE day, working on a album 2day. But no. No MIX...very embarrassing in front of my clients :!:

Too bad. Really? To me it does not even make sense that u buy a software, you receive a full license to use your soft.. and then u end up having a limited time working on your full license..


It's unfortunate, but nothing is perfect. As a user of software, especially complex software, I feel like it is part of my job to keep current with updates, issues, and solutions. This problem has been documented and has been dealt with for a while now. Did you upgrade yet? Just try to remember that it was an accident. But still less issues than a room full of hardware, at least in my experience. But as digital audio folks, we know better to think that everything will work all of the time. Keep your software updated, check for driver updates, maybe even OS updates. If you drove for a career you would routinely put in fuel, check your oil, check your tires, etc.
The Sounds of the Hear and Now
http://soundyaudio.com/
richie43
Beta Tester
Beta Tester
 
Posts: 4847
Joined: Fri Feb 04, 2011 8:47 pm
Location: Minnesota, USA

Re: "Authorisation Missing" - Nebula stopped working suddenly!

Postby edbilleaud » Thu Aug 16, 2012 4:54 pm

richie43 wrote:
young.baws wrote:The same thing just happened 2 me.

It was just supposed to be a NICE day, working on a album 2day. But no. No MIX...very embarrassing in front of my clients :!:

Too bad. Really? To me it does not even make sense that u buy a software, you receive a full license to use your soft.. and then u end up having a limited time working on your full license..


It's unfortunate, but nothing is perfect. As a user of software, especially complex software, I feel like it is part of my job to keep current with updates, issues, and solutions. This problem has been documented and has been dealt with for a while now. Did you upgrade yet? Just try to remember that it was an accident. But still less issues than a room full of hardware, at least in my experience. But as digital audio folks, we know better to think that everything will work all of the time. Keep your software updated, check for driver updates, maybe even OS updates. If you drove for a career you would routinely put in fuel, check your oil, check your tires, etc.


Yes, but you would be upset if you had paid for your car, and then one day it "timed out" and was no longer working, wouldn't you?
Nebula is great, wonderful, fantastic, etc. But the customer has a right to be upset if he has paid for it, and then it stops working. Thankfully, it was an easy fix, and everything is back as it should be, but I just don't personally think that the customer deserves to be criticized for being upset. IMHO, and YMMV.
edbilleaud
User Level VIII
User Level VIII
 
Posts: 89
Joined: Fri Sep 03, 2010 8:38 pm

Re: "Authorisation Missing" - Nebula stopped working suddenly!

Postby richie43 » Thu Aug 16, 2012 5:18 pm

I wasn't trying to criticize you, so if you felt belittled or criticized, I apologize. I responded that way only because it sounded like you were going to get worked up and start a big flame war with Acustica, and I was trying to diffuse that and remind you that while it DOES indeed suck, sh&t happens and Acustica always works towards resolving these things. If I had a car time out on me, I would absolutely be upset. But I would look to fix the problem and know that it is a flaw (not in the design), but I also wouldn't "blame" the manufacturer as if they did this to be malicious or careless. I agree that you have a right to be upset, and everyone needs to vent. So again, I apologize for maybe not being more careful in how i phrased myself. Are we good now? :mrgreen:
The Sounds of the Hear and Now
http://soundyaudio.com/
richie43
Beta Tester
Beta Tester
 
Posts: 4847
Joined: Fri Feb 04, 2011 8:47 pm
Location: Minnesota, USA

PreviousNext

Return to Working with Nebula

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests