Login

"Authorisation Missing" - Nebula stopped working suddenly!

Tips & tricks, working results, technical support

"Authorisation Missing" - Nebula stopped working suddenly!

Postby schismatic » Sun Jul 22, 2012 9:08 pm

Happy Nebula 3 user here.

Has been working fine since I purchased it in March. I recently installed the EQ and Comp libraries from the User Area, and now when I load up the plugin (within Reaper), it gets to Step 8 on the Acustica Loader and says "Authorisation Missing".

I have not moved my .SER at all - it's still present in the nebulatemprepository folder.

I'm using loader v1.3.504 (Nebula3CoreII64).

Any ideas what could be causing this?? I want my Nebula back! :|

Regards,

Tom
schismatic
User Level II
User Level II
 
Posts: 27
Joined: Sun Apr 17, 2011 7:36 pm

Re: "Authorisation Missing" - Nebula stopped working suddenly!

Postby wagz » Sun Jul 22, 2012 10:47 pm

My Solution:Run the Nebula3License.exe that was sent to you again. I tried this and it fixed my problem.

RANT
This happened to me a couple of days ago, too. Boy was I angry. I was thinking, "Not only do I not have the NAT session files I need for it to work...(and even if I did, I can't sample my compressors because I need a special version that I don't even see for purchase anywhere on the website), now Nebula stopped working! It's just blank!"

Yeah, I was not happy and I shutdown my whole mix session... because Nebula was all over it(auxes and busses) and I couldn't complete this mix with Nebula on the Fritz. Totally bummed out. I found the solution mentioned above, but it took a while,(I hope the OP hasn't waited too long) which brings me to my first request.

Request #1: Acustica(giancarlo),would it be possible to change this forum format? It takes so long to communicate back and forth within the community like this. Now, I am new to Nebula and this forum, but it seems to me that this forum layout makes it harder for the Nebula community to communicate with any sort of immediacy.
wagz
User Level VII
User Level VII
 
Posts: 77
Joined: Sun Jun 24, 2012 8:21 pm

Re: "Authorisation Missing" - Nebula stopped working suddenly!

Postby richie43 » Sun Jul 22, 2012 11:12 pm

Try running your license file again (the one sent to you after sending in the ser file). That solved the same issue for me. If that doesn't work, Go into the nebulatemprepositories folder and delete the contents of the temp folder, and the scanboot file in the set-ups folder. Then run the license file again, and load Nebula. It will take some time to re-build the temp cache, but that SHOULD fix things......
The Sounds of the Hear and Now
http://soundyaudio.com/
richie43
Expert
Expert
 
Posts: 4868
Joined: Fri Feb 04, 2011 8:47 pm
Location: Minnesota, USA

Re: "Authorisation Missing" - Nebula stopped working suddenly!

Postby Grim » Sun Jul 22, 2012 11:36 pm

Funnily enough this happened to me yesterday too.....I had run some windows updates which I wouldn't expect to be a problem but I got the authorisation missing message next time I tried to open Neb.

I moved the init files out of the vector & program folders & copied in a backup I made of these ages ago and it seems to be fine again.
Grim
Member
Member
 
Posts: 211
Joined: Mon Mar 29, 2010 7:30 pm

Re: "Authorisation Missing" - Nebula stopped working suddenly!

Postby richie43 » Mon Jul 23, 2012 2:09 am

wagz wrote:My Solution:Run the Nebula3License.exe that was sent to you again. I tried this and it fixed my problem.

RANT
This happened to me a couple of days ago, too. Boy was I angry. I was thinking, "Not only do I not have the NAT session files I need for it to work...(and even if I did, I can't sample my compressors because I need a special version that I don't even see for purchase anywhere on the website), now Nebula stopped working! It's just blank!"

Yeah, I was not happy and I shutdown my whole mix session... because Nebula was all over it(auxes and busses) and I couldn't complete this mix with Nebula on the Fritz. Totally bummed out. I found the solution mentioned above, but it took a while,(I hope the OP hasn't waited too long) which brings me to my first request.

Request #1: Acustica(giancarlo),would it be possible to change this forum format? It takes so long to communicate back and forth within the community like this. Now, I am new to Nebula and this forum, but it seems to me that this forum layout makes it harder for the Nebula community to communicate with any sort of immediacy.



I'm not Giancarlo, or even a site admin, so I can't do anything about your request. But I am curious how any forum format change would change the ability for us to reach each other any better or faster. What do you suggest? This forum has always been similar to any forum I am a memeber of, other than the lack of activity sometimes. But that is not due to the forum's format, but due to the users not checking in.
The Sounds of the Hear and Now
http://soundyaudio.com/
richie43
Expert
Expert
 
Posts: 4868
Joined: Fri Feb 04, 2011 8:47 pm
Location: Minnesota, USA

Re: "Authorisation Missing" - Nebula stopped working suddenly!

Postby enriquesilveti » Mon Jul 23, 2012 8:45 am

schismatic wrote:Happy Nebula 3 user here.

Has been working fine since I purchased it in March. I recently installed the EQ and Comp libraries from the User Area, and now when I load up the plugin (within Reaper), it gets to Step 8 on the Acustica Loader and says "Authorisation Missing".

I have not moved my .SER at all - it's still present in the nebulatemprepository folder.

I'm using loader v1.3.504 (Nebula3CoreII64).

Any ideas what could be causing this?? I want my Nebula back! :|

Regards,

Tom


Hello Tom. Seems that some customer has issues with the custom Nebula key. First re-apply your last key and try. If that does not work, do this:

1. Move your .SER file to a backup folder.
2. Run Nebula for generate a new .SER file.
3. Open both on a notepad and check if they have the same number or different one.
4. If .SER files has different numbers, send us both and rename as new and old and we will generate the new key for you.
Enrique Silveti.
Acustica Audio customer and technical support.

MBP 11.5 (i7-4870 | 16 GB | 512 SDD)
SP4 (i5-6300 | 8 GB | 256 SDD)
UFX | Lyra2 | USBPre2
VM U15 | VM Win10 | VM OSX 10.12
N4/NAT4 | SPX3 | RX5 | LN2C | Smaart8 | R5 | PT12 | PX10 | NIK5
User avatar
enriquesilveti
Expert
Expert
 
Posts: 2663
Joined: Sun Mar 28, 2010 9:00 pm
Location: Lodi | Madrid | Buenos Aires

Re: "Authorisation Missing" - Nebula stopped working suddenly!

Postby wagz » Mon Jul 23, 2012 11:36 am

richie43 wrote:I'm not Giancarlo, or even a site admin, so I can't do anything about your request. But I am curious how any forum format change would change the ability for us to reach each other any better or faster. What do you suggest? This forum has always been similar to any forum I am a memeber of, other than the lack of activity sometimes. But that is not due to the forum's format, but due to the users not checking in.


richie, somebody on gearslutz mentioned that new Acustica forum members have their posts screened for the first ten or so posts. I didn't know this. When I made that request, I thought that everybody here had to wait a day for their posts to show up. Since this is not the case, please disregard my request. sorry about the trouble. I also wonder why there is not more action on this forum.
wagz
User Level VII
User Level VII
 
Posts: 77
Joined: Sun Jun 24, 2012 8:21 pm

Re: "Authorisation Missing" - Nebula stopped working suddenly!

Postby enriquesilveti » Mon Jul 23, 2012 12:30 pm

richie, somebody on gearslutz mentioned that new Acustica forum members have their posts screened for the first ten or so posts


True. Is the spam prevent system. We have about 50 spam post in the forum that customers never see. I deleted all days by hand. We are testing other ban systems including IP ranges, for example. We see the forum all days in morning and in afternoon, even if we are outside recording or live working. So for the new customer/poster the delay should be less that 12 hours.
Enrique Silveti.
Acustica Audio customer and technical support.

MBP 11.5 (i7-4870 | 16 GB | 512 SDD)
SP4 (i5-6300 | 8 GB | 256 SDD)
UFX | Lyra2 | USBPre2
VM U15 | VM Win10 | VM OSX 10.12
N4/NAT4 | SPX3 | RX5 | LN2C | Smaart8 | R5 | PT12 | PX10 | NIK5
User avatar
enriquesilveti
Expert
Expert
 
Posts: 2663
Joined: Sun Mar 28, 2010 9:00 pm
Location: Lodi | Madrid | Buenos Aires

Re: "Authorisation Missing" - Nebula stopped working suddenly!

Postby giancarlo » Mon Jul 23, 2012 4:52 pm

we'll remove this strange protection starting from next version so versions will not expire any more. If someone wants to test it should contact me. The procedure is simple: replacing DLL and put the old key again. That key should not expire any more.
Please contact me only if you HAVE that working key. Remember that if you read "authorization missing" probably nebula damaged the key in your HDD. So you should have a backup of it before contacting me
User avatar
giancarlo
Founder
Founder
 
Posts: 9209
Joined: Mon Sep 21, 2009 10:40 pm
Location: Italy

Re: "Authorisation Missing" - Nebula stopped working suddenly!

Postby schismatic » Mon Jul 23, 2012 7:49 pm

OP here - issue fixed by running Nebula3Licence.exe.

Many thanks for the rapid reply, both community and Acustica :D
schismatic
User Level II
User Level II
 
Posts: 27
Joined: Sun Apr 17, 2011 7:36 pm

Next

Return to Working with Nebula

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests