Login

Nebula Server / MAC OSX / Logic Pro (64bit) | Issues

Tips & tricks, working results, technical support

Nebula Server / MAC OSX / Logic Pro (64bit) | Issues

Postby pinnocio » Tue Jul 26, 2011 9:32 am

Hey guys (and girls),
I'm at a loss... After countless searches I figured out how to setup the Master/Slave and get them to communicate. A decent and easy to find documentation has an important role in making a customer feel respected.

Anyway, after finally getting them to work, once engaged (connected), CPU jumps to 100% usages (even when playback is stopped). Tried changing the DSPBuffer to the max, nothing changes. Tried changing IPs and basically everything I could think off and still, CPU is Maxed when just loading Nebula Reverb connected to the Server on my Macbook Pro (main daw is my Mac Pro).

I don't know what to do... and with no documentation, I gave up and decided to ask for help here.

*On a side note; though this might be a major improvement, for me, the switch to Core3 from the previous update is minor compared to a working 64bit AU version. OSX Lion 10.7 is out, Nebula is amongst the few remaining plugins I have which keeps me from updating. I'm sure it's been said before but Macs are pretty much a standard in the audio/video industry and we should get an equal amount of attention as PC users.

Forgive me if I'm being harsh or impolite, it's not my intension :)

Yoav
pinnocio
User Level I
User Level I

Re: Nebula Server / MAC OSX / Logic Pro (64bit) | Issues

Postby musicgreator » Tue Jul 26, 2011 11:21 am

Hi, i've got the same setup. At first i want to point out that using the server over lan is not officially supported, thats why there is no documentation. I experimented a lot too and had my breakthrough with a wrapped vst. When you wrap the nebula vst plugins using the fxpansion vst to au adapter, it suddenly works and even the performance without server is a lot better. You need to edit the xml files in the vst folder. You can even edit them after the vsts are wraped. You should however set up the server correctly and run it while wrapping and for the validation in logic.
musicgreator
User Level XI
User Level XI

Postby enriquesilveti » Tue Jul 26, 2011 11:30 am

Hello pinnocio. It is our fault, I could start to write down Nebula Server LAN instructions, we are preparing a lot of new documentation but we are slow. I'm freelace technician and July was crazy.

Nebula Server is sold as a local (bride mode), you can try LAN function but still in beta test due CORE3 development and the lack of a user manual.

I addition many Lion users are reporting issues in theirs DAWs. My recommendation is keep into last stable version of Nebula/Nebula Server (Upgrade Nebula3 Server MAC OSX 1.3.492) and don't upgrade to Lion before other users report that is stable.

If you want to try Nebula Server LAN, you have to know that there may be failure or issues that you should report: http://www.acustica-audio.com/forum/ind ... =viewtopic
Enrique Silveti.
Acustica Audio customer and technical support.

MBP 11.5 (i7-4870 | 16 GB | 512 SDD)
SP4 (i5-6300 | 8 GB | 256 SDD)
UFX | Lyra2 | USBPre2
VM U15 | VM Win10 | VM OSX 10.12
N4/NAT4 | SPX3 | RX5 | LN2C | Smaart8 | R5 | PT12 | PX10 | NIK5
enriquesilveti
Expert
Expert

Postby pinnocio » Tue Jul 26, 2011 11:32 am

Hey musicgreator,
Thanks for that info :) Given that NebulaPro/Server for mac is still 32bit, I'll try wrapping it and see what happens.

At first i want to point out that using the server over lan is not officially supported, thats why there is no documentation

I wish I had known that before upgrading!

Giancarlo, I love Nebula, I own a lot of libraries and I must say this is one of my favorite plugins/gears but as a MAC user I feel like a second-grade customer..
pinnocio
User Level I
User Level I

Postby pinnocio » Tue Jul 26, 2011 11:34 am

enriquesilveti, I'll take a look, thanks.
pinnocio
User Level I
User Level I

Postby pinnocio » Tue Jul 26, 2011 12:19 pm

Confirmed, MAC's VST Version works in LAN mode (NebulaServer).

Now, the question is - is it worth paying for Fxpansions VST to AU Adapter...
pinnocio
User Level I
User Level I

Postby FrankydT » Tue Jul 26, 2011 5:41 pm

Try VSTAU manager it's free and it's the same of FXpansion's VST to AU Adapter.
+1 for Nebula mac 64 bit...
FrankydT
User Level XI
User Level XI

Postby cpwade » Tue Jul 26, 2011 10:42 pm

Hi, thought I would jump in and say that I am using 1.3.499n server mac running 10.7. A simple test, 32 tracks at native 64 bit, Logic 9.1.4, 24 instances nebula loaded and played (run through 32 bit bridge), no kernel panic, no freeze, no crash, no crackle, on powerbook only. Huge improvement, about 20% more power (ram). So far very smooth. Nice Job. Easy and quick loading multiple instances with an already almost maxed session.

I expected trouble, but what I experienced was wonderful.
Works straight away, and I was never able to achieve these things with 10.6 and Nebula 3 pro basic. 8 instances nebula pro core 2 on 10.6 brought my lappy to it's knees.

* I should mention that I have never run server in LAN/network mode with my primary studio computers quite yet (three macs) server is still very new to me.

Kodos to all, amazing bit of code.

Processor 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
Memory 4 GB 1067 MHz DDR3
Graphics NVIDIA GeForce 320M 256 MB
Software Mac OS X Lion 10.7 (11A511)
13-inch, Mid 2010 MacBook Pro

Cheers!

Paul
Last edited by cpwade on Tue Jul 26, 2011 11:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
cpwade

Postby cpwade » Tue Jul 26, 2011 10:50 pm

musicgreator wrote:Hi, i've got the same setup. At first i want to point out that using the server over lan is not officially supported, thats why there is no documentation. I experimented a lot too and had my breakthrough with a wrapped vst. When you wrap the nebula vst plugins using the fxpansion vst to au adapter, it suddenly works and even the performance without server is a lot better. You need to edit the xml files in the vst folder. You can even edit them after the vsts are wraped. You should however set up the server correctly and run it while wrapping and for the validation in logic.

This is very intriguing. Thank you for sharing.
cpwade

Postby musicgreator » Wed Jul 27, 2011 10:13 am

FrankydT wrote:Try VSTAU manager it's free and it's the same of FXpansion's VST to AU Adapter.
+1 for Nebula mac 64 bit...

if i remember right, this one has a little trouble being validated etc. in logic, worth trying though.
musicgreator
User Level XI
User Level XI

Next

Return to Working with Nebula