Login

very little meter movement

Tips & tricks, working results, technical support

very little meter movement

Postby tcandy_89@hotmail.com » Mon Jul 25, 2011 12:31 pm

I am using a skin with analog VU's. No matter how high my level is in PT, or how hard I crank the input and output the meter barely moves. I am in peak 2 mode. Any ideas? thanks.
tcandy_89@hotmail.com
User Level II
User Level II

Re: very little meter movement

Postby Nooorway » Mon Jul 25, 2011 1:10 pm

Make sure you at least have latest Nebula Pro v1.3.492. Then you will have to use one of Ngarjuanas newer skins, Black Desk- or Loud Desk skin. I believe those are the only skins for now that supports Nebulas newer and faster GUI rate. Then you will have to go into the Master page in Guru Mode. There you set Meters to 7 VU and GUI Rate to e.g. 13 ms (I found that 13 ms is good for me). Alternativly you can open Nebula 3 *.xml and edit it manually setting "<METERTYPE> 7 </METERTYPE>" and "<GUIRATE> 13000 </GUIRATE>".
Nooorway
User Level II
User Level II

Postby ngarjuna » Mon Jul 25, 2011 2:24 pm

What programs are you seeing this on? Some programs are padded on the input in such a way that the meters do unpredictable things (like barely move), R2R for instance.
ngarjuna
Expert
Expert

Postby tcandy_89@hotmail.com » Tue Jul 26, 2011 8:50 am

Any I tried Ngarjuna. Im about to try one of your skins and see how it goes. Even the stock skin cannot light up more than three LED's no matter how much level I throw at it, or hoe much I jack the input and output.

So r2r is padded? How , in that case how do you get an indication of -18db (recommended for r2r I believe) if you cant get the meter moving properly?
tcandy_89@hotmail.com
User Level II
User Level II

Postby enriquesilveti » Tue Jul 26, 2011 11:15 am

Meter engine was redone, but Nebula GUIs must redone.

The Nebula tip of the month (#20 - June 2011)
Understanding new meter modes: http://www.acustica-audio.com/forum/ind ... =viewtopic
Enrique Silveti.
Acustica Audio customer and technical support.

MBP 11.5 (i7-4870 | 16 GB | 512 SDD)
SP4 (i5-6300 | 8 GB | 256 SDD)
RME UFX | PS Lyra2 | SD USBPre2
VM U15 | VM W10 | VM OSX 10.12
N4/NAT4 | SPX3 | RX5 | LN2C | Smaart8 | R5 | PT12 | PX10
enriquesilveti
Expert
Expert

Postby ngarjuna » Tue Jul 26, 2011 2:17 pm

tcandy_89@hotmail.com wrote:Any I tried Ngarjuna. Im about to try one of your skins and see how it goes. Even the stock skin cannot light up more than three LED's no matter how much level I throw at it, or hoe much I jack the input and output.

So r2r is padded? How , in that case how do you get an indication of -18db (recommended for r2r I believe) if you cant get the meter moving properly?

R2R can actually handle levels much higher than -18 so monitoring for strict 0 VU = -18 isn't necessary.

Personally, I always have a console program in front of my R2R/TB+/VTM chain, so I usually use the input meter on that instance as my pre-FX meter. If you don't generally use a Nebula instance prior to your R2R chain you can either go with a third party meter (there are a few good VU meters out there including the Naiant Studios one which is free) or a light weight Nebula instance; you only need it long enough to determine your metering situation on that track, once you have your levels locked in you could remove your pre-FX meter if you wanted.
ngarjuna
Expert
Expert

Return to Working with Nebula