nebula not communicating with localserver

Tips & tricks, working results, technical support

nebula not communicating with localserver

Postby woeischris » Sun Jul 03, 2011 1:46 am

What I do?
woeischris

Re: nebula not communicating with localserver

Postby ericus » Sun Jul 03, 2011 6:53 am

Did you try to turn off your firewall completely?
ericus

Postby himhui » Sun Jul 03, 2011 9:41 am

I'd been in the same situation! Try to uninstall and delete all the dlls and reinstall.
97v4 /Win7 x64 /64G ram /Nvidia Quadro K620
Reaper 5.28 /X-Touch
Prism Orpheus /RME Babyface Pro
himhui
Expert
Expert

Postby woeischris » Sun Jul 03, 2011 8:21 pm

Tried uninstalling and reinstalling. Tried with default settings and changing server address from . to 127.0.0.1, at which point I can telnet to port 6000, though I'm not sure it uses TCP when it's local server. Does not matter because it does not work.
woeischris

Postby ericus » Sun Jul 03, 2011 11:09 pm

If my memory is good, it uses "Named Pipes" in localserver mode. Can G or an expert user confirm that please?

Sorry to be a pest...but did you turn off your firewall? I had the same problem the 1st time I tried the localserver.
ericus

Postby Arne » Sun Jul 03, 2011 11:11 pm

Check your tcp/ip address when connected to internet - Go to "Network Sharing Center" - Change "adapter settings". Right and chose "status", then "details" for your IP address. Or click on this link; http://tools.whois.net/yourip/ Add this address to your server .xml file and the client xml file (server settings) and save both files. Leave port to 6000, restart Nebula server and restart client - should work. Or disconnect from Internet and use 127.0.0.1. Hope it helps.
Arne
User Level XI
User Level XI

Postby woeischris » Mon Jul 04, 2011 12:02 am

No firewall. I appreciate everyone's help buuut... if I know to try and telnet to port 6000 on 127.0.0.1, it might be a good indication that I know how to change my IP. ;)

Arne, that site will show my public IP, which has no bearing for local server, especially when I don't have an internet connection on my PC.

I should add that Local Server worked recently, it was after some recent Nebula upgrades that it stopped.
woeischris

Postby Arne » Mon Jul 04, 2011 12:21 am

:-), I guess you do, however, I had the same problem and added the local LAN IP to both the server and client xml file and restarted. The local server works fine here.
Arne
User Level XI
User Level XI

Postby woeischris » Mon Jul 04, 2011 1:03 am

G mentioned somewhere that this version of server made settings controlled by client XML. What are the values that define the server in that file? SERVERADDRESS and SERVERPORT, right? And in the normal Nebula XML in my plugin folder with the DLL?
woeischris

Postby richie43 » Mon Jul 04, 2011 4:12 am

I only have one computer but have been trying to use the local server. It was recognizing clients although the performance was worse than just running Nebula as I would the pro version. But I like things to work. So when I fired up the server, then Reaper, added some Nebula instances.... The server says that there are no clients. I guess that means it's not communicating anymore...? Do I really stand to benefit from running it as a local server with one computer as opposed to using the server version as a regular insert? Thanks.
The Sounds of the Hear and Now
http://soundyaudio.com/
richie43
Expert
Expert

Next

Return to Working with Nebula