Login

Browser improvements

Tips & tricks, working results, technical support

Browser improvements

Postby Grim » Wed Jun 29, 2011 4:17 am

Hi.

While the (not so) new browser is a great improvement it bugs me that the categories seem to appear in random order.

Is there any way to re-order them myself, or to simply have them ordered alphabetically?

Thx.
Grim

Re: Browser improvements

Postby tbentley » Wed Jun 29, 2011 5:25 am

+1

Making it alphabetical would be helpful.
tbentley
User Level XI
User Level XI

Postby yewtreemagic » Wed Jun 29, 2011 7:18 am

You could try using Zabukowski's excellent Nebula Set-ups utility, which lets you create a set of different instances of Nebula.

I've created Nebula Comp, Nebula EQ, Nebula Preamp, and Nebula FX, each with a different skin to help differentiate them, and each with its own sub-set of programs.

Nebula Set-ups lets you decide what programs appear within each instance, and the order in which they appear (using drag and drop). It's a bit of a fiddle getting it set up how you like at first, but once you've created your different versions it's a matter of seconds updating them all when a new version of Nebula is released.

Overall, Nebula Set-ups has revolutionised my working experience with Nebula - whatever type of plug-in I need at the time, I can now load in the appropriate Nebula and see only the relevant options, sorted as I like 8-)

And its freeware! :mrgreen:

Thank you Zabukowski :D

Martin
Martin Walker
YewTreeMagic
yewtreemagic
User Level V
User Level V

Postby faun2500 » Wed Jun 29, 2011 10:07 am

This is something that needs to be sorted I think.

I have a section for compressors with all comps in and then there is Alex B's 4kd on its own.

That's like storing your milk in the bedroom! :evil:
Forthcoming releases on: Black Heart Label, Hyperdrive and Transfixion. http://soundcloud.com/100mg. 6 FREE Downloads on my soundcloud page. Nebula ALL over these trax!
faun2500
Vip Member
Vip Member

Postby musicgreator » Wed Jun 29, 2011 10:31 am

i have problems with that too. At least an alphabetic order would be good. Having Programs in their right category would be even better. My program list is huge and i have a hard time finding the right program.
musicgreator
User Level XI
User Level XI

Postby zabukowski » Wed Jun 29, 2011 12:50 pm

yewtreemagic wrote:You could try using Zabukowski's excellent Nebula Set-ups utility, which lets you create a set of different instances of Nebula.

I've created Nebula Comp, Nebula EQ, Nebula Preamp, and Nebula FX, each with a different skin to help differentiate them, and each with its own sub-set of programs.

Nebula Set-ups lets you decide what programs appear within each instance, and the order in which they appear (using drag and drop). It's a bit of a fiddle getting it set up how you like at first, but once you've created your different versions it's a matter of seconds updating them all when a new version of Nebula is released.

Overall, Nebula Set-ups has revolutionised my working experience with Nebula - whatever type of plug-in I need at the time, I can now load in the appropriate Nebula and see only the relevant options, sorted as I like 8-)

Martin

You are welcome 8-)
Thank you for your support !

Zabukowski
zabukowski
Expert
Expert

Postby tbentley » Wed Jun 29, 2011 2:55 pm

zabukowski wrote:
yewtreemagic wrote:You could try using Zabukowski's excellent Nebula Set-ups utility, which lets you create a set of different instances of Nebula.

Martin

Can i try it out. Where do you download?

You are welcome 8-)
Thank you for your support !

Zabukowski
tbentley
User Level XI
User Level XI

Postby zabukowski » Wed Jun 29, 2011 4:37 pm

Can i try it out. Where do you download?

http://www.acustica-audio.com/forum/ind ... t=40#p8821

Zabukowski
zabukowski
Expert
Expert

Postby Grim » Thu Jun 30, 2011 1:56 am

Martin

Thanks for the suggestion but pretty sure this doesn't work for Nebula Server?
Certainly didn't work on first release of server & Giancarlo's response at that time suggested it would be too much hassle to get it working so I've now committed myself to one instance & have been steadily editing programs categorisation in NAT to make things work better for me.
(EDIT...to be clear my question to Giancarlo was about multiple instances in general not specifically Neb Setups)

But I'd really like to see either alphabetical or user definable positioning of the level one categories.
Grim

Postby giancarlo » Thu Jun 30, 2011 5:59 am

it works using nebula localserver 1.3.499g - but localserver only
giancarlo
Founder
Founder

Next

Return to Working with Nebula