Login

Nebula 3 Pro crash my daw

Tips & tricks, working results, technical support

Nebula 3 Pro crash my daw

Postby dwagrimm » Thu Jun 16, 2011 7:19 pm

Hi,
I have bought and downloaded your latest Nebula 3 Pro Bundle. The installation works fine. The lizence is working. If I open only 1 instance of your Nebula and load any librarie my daw and / or Nebula is crashing.

I have vista 64 Bit on my PC with a quadcore Q6600 and 8 gb ram. I use PreSonus Studio One Pro as DAW. The CPU have enough potencial to proceed some instances of Nebula. If the Nebula 3 is open and after the use of one setting-fader the DAW freeze up. Nebula 3 or Nebula 3 Reverb, all the same problem. Only one solution is to close Studio One about the task manager.

What can I do?
dwagrimm
User Level IX
User Level IX

Re: Nebula 3 Pro crash my daw

Postby giancarlo » Thu Jun 16, 2011 7:23 pm

but is nebula 3 free working in the same setup?
giancarlo
Founder
Founder

Postby RJHollins » Thu Jun 16, 2011 8:38 pm

yea... last night I was checking out a few libs with the 'lastest' NEB3-pro in WaveLAB6 ... loading libs while the track was playing. My system went into digital 'chatter', then crashed. Had, maybe, 4 instances of NEB loaded. This hasn't happened in a while. Using the UPGRADE version with its default settings. Maybe 'full moon' :shock: :?:
i7-5820k, MSI X99A Plus, 16 GIG Ram, Noctua NH-D14, Win-7 Pro [64-bit], Reaper-64

NVC [Nebula Virtual Controllers]
RJHollins
Expert
Expert

Postby dwagrimm » Thu Jun 16, 2011 9:07 pm

Yes, the Nebula 3 Free version is working fine in the same setup. I can open up to 15 instances and more of the free version. The normal Nebula and / or the Reverb Nebula. Everything is working well. One more infomation is, I have tried to use the Nebula with CUDA. I`ve read in the Forum this can crash Nebula. Then I have every CUDA Tool deinstalled. But the same problem. I have also canceld the entry at the windows system folder. Nothing works. The Plugin starts fine. All Libraries are showing. I can select every one. Sometimes it`s crashing in the moment of laoding a program or after loading when I use a fader. Then my DAW is stopping or freezing. Sometimes I can still use some buttons and/or functions then and if I want to remove the Nebula the DAW is fully crashing. Not so with the free version.
dwagrimm
User Level IX
User Level IX

Postby giancarlo » Thu Jun 16, 2011 9:50 pm

was it authorized?
giancarlo
Founder
Founder

Postby dwagrimm » Thu Jun 16, 2011 9:55 pm

The free version? I do a authorisation for it but in the moment where I install the authorisation .exe the free version stopps to show the librarie. You have an idea?
dwagrimm
User Level IX
User Level IX

Postby giancarlo » Fri Jun 17, 2011 5:57 am

giancarlo
Founder
Founder

Return to Working with Nebula