Login

Registration problems with Raid1 C Drive?

Tips & tricks, working results, technical support

Registration problems with Raid1 C Drive?

Postby twilhelm » Sun May 02, 2010 12:15 am

It seems I can never access all presets in all libraries. I've sent the Nebula3.ser file in a few times, and I've received and installed the License each time (very fast response BTW :D ), but after I install the license I still can't seem to load 100% of the programs. The Prog page shows "Init" when I try to load REV programs for example, except for the one REV program that I created using NAT. That programs loads with no problem.

I've read the forum entries and I understand that this is a classic case of "Just send in your Nebula3.ser file."

But as I said, I've tried this 3x. I've looked at the content of the .ser file that I've sent 3x and it has always contains the same characters.

I do have a Raid 1 configured C: drive, and since content of the Nebula3.ser file is generated from C: drive information, I wonder if the problem might be that I have 2 mirrored c: drives.

Of course, this problem very well could be an entirely different "user error", but I wanted to make sure that Raid 1 C drive wasn't a known issue. Thanks!
--
Tom
twilhelm
User Level 0
User Level 0

Re: Registration problems with Raid1 C Drive?

Postby Grim » Sun May 02, 2010 12:33 am

Is your NebTempRepository also on the C drive?

Maybe check that the 2 authorisation files:

Nebulatemprepository/Programs/Init.n2p
Nebulatemprepository/Vectors/Init.n2v

Have been mirrored correctly?

This is a bit of shot in the dark but as its late Saturday night not sure you'll get a more informed response...It can't do any harm to check & copy them if not!
Grim

Postby twilhelm » Sun May 02, 2010 12:55 am

I have both 32 bit and 64 bit Nebula3 loaded on a 64 bit Win7 machine. The 2 nebula repositories are both on the D drive.

D:\nebulatemprepository32
and
D:\nebulatemprepository64

The integrity of the raid drive is ok; at least I haven't received any errors from the raid controller. But you got me thinking now; it might be a problem with the two temp repositories. I'm gonna try temporarily moving the 64 bit repository to the C drive and renaming it to: c:\nebulatemprepository - just to keep everything as vanilla as possible. (I know there's some instructions on how to move repositories somewhere. :? ) Thanks Grim.
--
Tom
twilhelm
User Level 0
User Level 0

Postby giancarlo » Sun May 02, 2010 4:24 am

you should compare ser files generated by a setup version. For example you install a setup version and check if the number in the disk pages changed or is different from your ser files. Imho it doesn't change, so it's a matter of bad key installation, your name should be visible in the disk page
giancarlo
Founder
Founder

Postby twilhelm » Sun May 02, 2010 10:02 pm

I thought I'd recap what I did last night and today. I uninstalled Nebula3 and all libraries and started over. I reinstalled:

SetupNebula3 Pro x64 1.3.400 and
UpgradeNebula3 Pro x64 1.3.401

I installed into a new c:\nebulatemprepository.

I requested a new License from the "My Licenses" page and installed it. After registering, the Disk page used to show my name in the "Registered" field, but now it reads "Customer".

I reinstalled the libraries that I use regularly (AlexB's consoles and Mangel's R2R) along with Crab library #1 and Room Reverb Collection 1.

I can now view (from the list screen) and load all of AlexB's and Mangel's programs with no problem (which is all I really use). I got CUDA to work too, for the first time! Since we are all really beta testers and I have all that I need; at this point, I can't complain - I'm happy. But I still have a few issues that I will document below, just in case someone finds it useful.

1) The Crab and Room Reverb Library programs do not show up on the list screen in any of the available categories. However, if I select "All" from the list screen, I can scroll down and see -all- of the programs (including Crab and Room Reverb) in the list.

2) The Room Reverb library programs all work (if I select them from the "All" screen, but the Crab library programs do not load; (i.e. "Init" on the PROG screen).

3) REV is not on the list of categories anymore. The only available categories are "PRE" which is empty, and all of the AlexB and Mangel categories (R2R, CLC, MBC, etc).

Just for fun, I deleted the ~scanboot.xml file and let Nebula rebuild it, but the symptoms above did not change.

Again, just for fun I tried registering with a previous License key. It does show my name in the Disk page "Registered" field. All other symptoms stayed the same.

Disclaimer - I've tried may different permutations of Nebula (multiple installs - 32/64 bit, CUDA, etc) and I've manually moved files when I probably shouldn't have. I'm sure I caused my own problems. :oops: But it is kind of fun trying to fix em!
--
Tom
twilhelm
User Level 0
User Level 0

Postby giancarlo » Sun May 02, 2010 10:56 pm

ok contact me directly
giancarlo@acusticaudio.com

we could even use a messanger and find quickly the reason for that. For sure the commercial license is not working properly
giancarlo
Founder
Founder

Return to Working with Nebula