Login

Nebula3 EQs?

Tips & tricks, working results, technical support

Nebula3 EQs?

Postby bugs » Sat May 01, 2010 9:57 pm

I don't think I really grasp the use of Nebula3 as an EQ. Are the presets all single band and if you want additional bands, you must load an additional instance for each band? What am I missing? Thanks
Last edited by bugs on Sun May 02, 2010 7:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
bugs
User Level 0
User Level 0

Re: Nebula3 EQs?

Postby mertayy » Sat May 01, 2010 11:11 pm

Generally yes, but there are 3rd party librarys that contains more than 1 eq band in 1 Nebula instance.

Think of 1 Nebula eq instance as 1 knob of the real hardware. Sometimes a second instance of Nebula is nice if you want more coloration, and sometimes inserting a regular eq plug-in can be better. Its up to you to decide the sound you want.
mertayy

Postby zaminx » Sun May 02, 2010 1:03 am

Quite often I will use a good Native eq for me cuts like the Sony Oxford and then use a Nebula eq for a boost.
zaminx
User Level XI
User Level XI

Postby Barendse » Sun May 02, 2010 9:44 am

zaminx wrote:Quite often I will use a good Native eq for me cuts like the Sony Oxford and then use a Nebula eq for a boost.

Yep, shape (cut) your tracks with something like Reaeq, DDMF or whatever eq you like and colour (boost) your tracks with Nebula. Easy.

This concept can also be usefull for compression. First compress the track with a clean comp like Reacomp followed by a comp program from the retropack.
Barendse
Vip Member
Vip Member

Return to Working with Nebula