Login

Best Options for Running Nebula on a Slave

Tips & tricks, working results, technical support

Best Options for Running Nebula on a Slave

Postby dagmarpiano » Fri May 27, 2011 10:50 am

Hi there,

I wondered if you can help. I have Nebula 3 Pro running on my iMac. I also wanted to run some instances from my slave Windows 7 64 bit PC.

So... what should I do?

1.Will it run inside Vienna Ensemble Pro (which I use)?
2. Or should I get this new Nebula Server program?

Other questions:

3. Do I need to buy a second license to run it on two machines? If so,
4. how do I do that?

If I DO have to buy a second license I would rather run Nebula only from the slave. In which case...

5. how do I transfer a license to the new PC?

Thanks if you can help. I've tried a quick survey of the site to get some answers but I have to be honest and say that as ever I'm in the middle of tight deadlines and I can't find the information as quickly as I need to and so had to give up the search and ask here instead.

Dan
dagmarpiano
User Level II
User Level II

Re: Best Options for Running Nebula on a Slave

Postby giancarlo » Fri May 27, 2011 11:53 am

1. I don't understand the question
2. Yes. Test before the free version
3. No. It's the same server connected to more clients. License is for server basis
4. Try the free version and run it. Sorry but there are just few explanations available on this topic
giancarlo
Founder
Founder

Postby enriquesilveti » Fri May 27, 2011 11:55 am

1.Will it run inside Vienna Ensemble Pro (which I use)?

Yes or should but we CAN NOT support you how to setup it. We only support our products.
Enrique Silveti.
Acustica Audio customer and technical support.

MBP 11.5 (i7-4870 | 16 GB | 512 SDD)
SP4 (i5-6300 | 8 GB | 256 SDD)
UFX | Lyra2 | USBPre2
VM U15 | VM Win10 | VM OSX 10.12
N4/NAT4 | SPX3 | RX5 | LN2C | Smaart8 | R5 | PT12 | PX10 | NIK5
enriquesilveti
Expert
Expert

Postby enriquesilveti » Fri May 27, 2011 11:59 am

I've tried a quick survey of the site to get some answers but I have to be honest and say that as ever I'm in the middle of tight deadlines and I can't find the information as quickly as I need to and so had to give up the search and ask here instead.

The Nebula tip of the month (#16 - April 2011)
Using local server as x86/x64 bridge.
http://www.acustica-audio.com/forum/ind ... =viewtopic
Read Escenario #3
Enrique Silveti.

UFX | Lyra2 | USBPre2
enriquesilveti
Expert
Expert

Postby dagmarpiano » Fri May 27, 2011 12:18 pm

Thanks for your help. I've just emailed Giancarlo about the server, but also another question I have is:

Where can you download the server free version?

Sorry, I've tried to search and can't find a link.
dagmarpiano
User Level II
User Level II

Postby enriquesilveti » Fri May 27, 2011 12:38 pm

Download last version of Nebula3FREE and install into a different path if not you will overwrite Nebul3PRO files. Nebula3FREE has Nebula3ServerFREE.
Enrique Silveti.

UFX | Lyra2 | USBPre2
enriquesilveti
Expert
Expert

Postby dagmarpiano » Fri May 27, 2011 12:46 pm

ah! ok thanks. If I may make a suggestion, on your products pages, wherever you have Nebula3FREE perhaps put a little note:

(includes Server version)

...this may help confused individuals like myself, who need to be told everything 5 times before they understand!

:)
dagmarpiano
User Level II
User Level II

Postby dagmarpiano » Fri May 27, 2011 1:21 pm

Ok, so I've downloaded the server program twice - once for my slave PC (x64) and again for my OSX host.

I can't find any instructions anywhere so don't know what to do next!

I've copied the Programs and Vectors into the PC C:/nebulatemprepository folder, although I'm not sure if this is correct.

I've installed both versions (in the mac and PC), but I'm finding no VST effect when I look for it in Cubase.

Am I doing something wrong? Thanks if you can tell me in baby steps what to do!

UPDATE:

Ok now I understand that this REPLACES the previous version. I was looking for a plugin labelled server but I see it's actually just also called Nebula 3.

So the new problem is that the OSX plugin is not finding the PC Server. What would I need to do to allow this connection?

Additional issue: Nebula is also not showing up as an effect in the PC 64-bit Vienna Ensemble Pro host. This would have been a workaround if the network server didn't work.
dagmarpiano
User Level II
User Level II

Postby enriquesilveti » Fri May 27, 2011 5:42 pm

Ok, so I've downloaded the server program twice - once for my slave PC (x64) and again for my OSX host. I can't find any instructions anywhere so don't know what to do next!

Hello dagmarpiano. Nebula3FREE and Nebula3Server can work as local for bridge or as a complete TCP/IP solution. TCP/IP solution still under beta testing you can buy it or demo thru Nebula3FREE but is still official unsupported however Nebula3FREE and Nebula3Server in local mode is official supported and documented.

The difference between is just a configuration parameters, anyway we want to keep Nebula3Server LAN in beta test for a while to ensure we are releasing the best for our customers.

I've copied the Programs and Vectors into the PC C:/nebulatemprepository folder, although I'm not sure if this is correct.

N2P files should be in program folder and N2V in vector folder.

I've installed both versions (in the mac and PC), but I'm finding no VST effect when I look for it in Cubase.

Are you talking about Cubase in the client MAC? I should recommend to try Nebula3FREE in local mode running server locally first. If it works you might test Nebula3FREE in the server just loading into a sequencer for example Reaper. Then you might ensure that your TCP/IP network is OK. Then browse client computer to Nebula client plug-in .XML file and add the server address. At final go to the server and browse the x64 server .XML file and add the server address too.

You must run server on server computer before start to load Nebula client instances into the client PC if not client computer will load Nebula client from client computer since it assumes that server is offline.

Ok now I understand that this REPLACES the previous version. I was looking for a plugin labelled server but I see it's actually just also called Nebula 3.

Server is an extra application. Nebula and Nebula client are the same plug-in but Nebula client add server parameters, that's all.

So the new problem is that the OSX plugin is not finding the PC Server. What would I need to do to allow this connection?

Check .XML parameters into Nebula client into client computer and .XML parameters into Nebula Server application.

Additional issue: Nebula is also not showing up as an effect in the PC 64-bit Vienna Ensemble Pro host. This would have been a workaround if the network server didn't work.

As I tell you we don't support Vienna Ensemble Pro but we can consider a VST host so you first might to check if Vienna Ensemble Pro is looking in the right folder for Nebula. I can help more I'm not a Vienna Ensemble Pro customer.
Enrique Silveti.

UFX | Lyra2 | USBPre2
enriquesilveti
Expert
Expert

Postby dagmarpiano » Fri May 27, 2011 8:56 pm

As far as I understand, I've changed all the xml parameters to the correct IP addresses and it still doesn't work. When I load nebula in the OSX host (Cubase), it only loads the OSX version - it doesn't find the server version.

I've allowed the program through the firewall. The network is working fine with Vienna Ensemble.

Could you please provide the full file paths and file names for all the xml files that need to be changed? I think I've done it right but maybe I didn't.

When I ran the Local server it *did* work, finding the local OSX server.

When I tried to run the PC version (32bit) in EnergyXT, I got an error message Ko: master descriptor not found. But this is academic, because I'm trying to run the 64bit server anyway.

I haven't tested whether the 64 bit PC version works locally, because I have no host. Vienna Ensemble doesn't find it (even when pointing to the correct VST folder), and I don't have any other 64 bit host.

I don't really have time to try to learn how to set up plugins in Reaper.
dagmarpiano
User Level II
User Level II

Next

Return to Working with Nebula