Login

Server & Cubase presets

Tips & tricks, working results, technical support

Re: Server & Cubase presets

Postby Raynorshyn » Sun Apr 24, 2011 11:54 am

enriquesilveti wrote:woeischris and Raynorshyn. We have here Jbridge but not Cubase, we could try with Reaper. I just need to know if you are loading Nebula Client x86 and Nebula Client x64 (Jbridged to x86) at the same time in the same project with a Nebula Server online (in local mode as well)

At this point I should be Googling what distinguishes a client vs a server. I have decent pc skills but this one has me.
Firstly, I don't know how to know if I'm in local mode on the server.

Lately I have been running them both in one project. Not my usual way but it works well for some circumstances. Depending on which version of Cubase I open one of these doubled projects in - the non-native Neb will open automatically in Jbridge and work just fine. V.480.
If I open X86 server first only the X86 Nebulas remember the project preset. The X64 * up init, but I can still get to the library.
If I open X64 server first only the X64 Nebulas remember the project preset. The X86 * up init, but I can still get to the library.

This happens the same way no matter which Cubase I open after launching the server.

64 server = 64 Nebs good, either version of Cubase whether the Neb 64 is native or jbridged in Cubase 32.

32 server = X86Nebs all remember. No go for the 64.

I would love to be able to take advantage of these new and upcoming benefits that the server will support.

I am concerned that a workaround is to use server as a bridge and leaving One Only Neb Reverb on the PC as I have used hundreds of instances of 32 and CoreII64 Nebs in the 2 Cubases and I can't afford to toss that.

Thanks for all your help.
Nebula sound, and community, is certainly worth the effort.
Raynorshyn
User Level III
User Level III

Postby giancarlo » Sun Apr 24, 2011 12:14 pm

localserver = pipes mode = SERVERADDRESS equal to "."
server = tcp/ip mode = SERVERADDRESS equal to "127.0.0.1"

you should be able to use different clients as you want BUT
1) each one should have a different name
2) possibly each one shoulde have a different MAGIC number

EACH ONE IS TIED UP TO A SINGLE SERVER. If the server if a localserver the remote server address (SERVERADDRESS) is simply "."; that server should be located in the same machine, it's LOCAL. Port number should match. Each client addresses a server by the port number (UNIQUE) and that "." in localmode or the REMOTE tcp/ip address.

You should be able to use different servers even inside the same computer but
1) each server should possibly have a different name (in order to avoid confusion)
2) possibly each server should have a different MAGIC number
3) if you have more server in the same computer you should provide different ports! so different SERVERPORT; so that each client could identify its own server properly

------------------------------------

so a server could be local (.) or remote (127.0.0.1)
You identify a server from the client by the address, which is a "." or the remote tcp ip address AND a port, which should match.
giancarlo
Founder
Founder

Postby Raynorshyn » Mon Apr 25, 2011 9:31 am

Thank you Giancarlo,

This fixed the problem of preset memory. Just understanding that the Port numbers had to be different (32 from 64) and had to match the corresponding server XML. Now all project presets show up.
Raynorshyn
User Level III
User Level III

Previous

Return to Working with Nebula