Login

True revolution on RAM side, 1.3.480 experimental released

Tips & tricks, working results, technical support

Re: True revolution on RAM side, 1.3.480 experimental released

Postby giancarlo » Wed Apr 20, 2011 6:27 pm

do you have other nebulas registered in cubase apart nebula3 reverb and nebula3?
User avatar
giancarlo
Founder
Founder
 
Posts: 9204
Joined: Mon Sep 21, 2009 10:40 pm
Location: Italy

Re: True revolution on RAM side, 1.3.480 experimental released

Postby enriquesilveti » Wed Apr 20, 2011 6:42 pm

In my case, the plugins shows up, and play without fault, but effective RAM usage is ONLY available upon initial install of the plugins. After save, and reload the RAM usage is far more, and the instance (plugins) does not show in server. When you disable and enable plugins like you did on screenshow, the connection to local server is lost and the plugin uses more RAM.



Can you prepare a Samplitude test session with x8 channels and x24 NebulaReverbClientx86 1.3.480 with Analog Channel and upload to me. I'll try ASAP. Send me you screen shots too, with RAM usage.
Enrique Silveti.
Acustica Audio customer and technical support.

MBP 11.5 (i7-4870 | 16 GB | 512 SDD)
SP4 (i5-6300 | 8 GB | 256 SDD)
UFX | Lyra2 | USBPre2
VM U15 | VM Win10 | VM OSX 10.12
N4/NAT4 | SPX3 | RX5 | LN2C | Smaart8 | R5 | PT12 | PX10 | NIK5
User avatar
enriquesilveti
Expert
Expert
 
Posts: 2663
Joined: Sun Mar 28, 2010 9:00 pm
Location: Lodi | Madrid | Buenos Aires

Re: True revolution on RAM side, 1.3.480 experimental released

Postby giancarlo » Wed Apr 20, 2011 7:36 pm

tested, both in cubase 5 32 bits and reaper. I saved a session featuring 2 eq several times, I started both reaper and cubase several times, they CONNECT. I don't know why in your case is not connecting any more, but here it's connecting.
User avatar
giancarlo
Founder
Founder
 
Posts: 9204
Joined: Mon Sep 21, 2009 10:40 pm
Location: Italy

Re: True revolution on RAM side, 1.3.480 experimental released

Postby giancarlo » Wed Apr 20, 2011 7:37 pm

enriquesilveti wrote:
In my case, the plugins shows up, and play without fault, but effective RAM usage is ONLY available upon initial install of the plugins. After save, and reload the RAM usage is far more, and the instance (plugins) does not show in server. When you disable and enable plugins like you did on screenshow, the connection to local server is lost and the plugin uses more RAM.



Can you prepare a Samplitude test session with x8 channels and x24 NebulaReverbClientx86 1.3.480 with Analog Channel and upload to me. I'll try ASAP. Send me you screen shots too, with RAM usage.



the trouble here is not ram usage, but the plugin which doesn't connect to the server any more. I tested and it's connecting here....
User avatar
giancarlo
Founder
Founder
 
Posts: 9204
Joined: Mon Sep 21, 2009 10:40 pm
Location: Italy

Re: True revolution on RAM side, 1.3.480 experimental released

Postby Arne » Wed Apr 20, 2011 7:56 pm

Problem found and fixed. The problem was related to the way I installed the server. In the VST folder I installed a new directory which I called Nebula Server and used default installation without renaming the plugins. When disabling and enabling the VST, the system automatically loaded the next available plugin with the same name, even if it was located in a different folder.

There were duplicate .dll`s in two different directories both called Nebula3 Reverb.dll with related XML files. Originally I copy pasted the related XML files.

I solved it by renaming the .dll and .xml files accordningly - it all works now :-)

EDIT: Samplitude still crashes when saving with a large number of active Nebula instances in the project. Please see attached screendump
https://www.sugarsync.com/pf/D842414_7666928_24558
Last edited by Arne on Wed Apr 20, 2011 8:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Arne
User Level XI
User Level XI
 
Posts: 170
Joined: Sat Nov 20, 2010 10:31 pm
Location: Bergen, Norway

Re: True revolution on RAM side, 1.3.480 experimental released

Postby giancarlo » Wed Apr 20, 2011 8:13 pm

very good! Infact I asked about duplicated dll ;)
User avatar
giancarlo
Founder
Founder
 
Posts: 9204
Joined: Mon Sep 21, 2009 10:40 pm
Location: Italy

Re: True revolution on RAM side, 1.3.480 experimental released

Postby himhui » Wed Apr 20, 2011 8:42 pm

Arne wrote:Problem found and fixed. The problem was related to the way I installed the server. In the VST folder I in

EDIT: Samplitude still crashes when saving with a large number of active Nebula instances in the project. Please see attached screendump
https://www.sugarsync.com/pf/D842414_7666928_24558


It seems that you are using 32bit nebula.....Try to use each alternative dll not more than 14 intances, thus you will probably open up to 40 instances. If you use jbridge with neb X64, you should open up to 63 instances.....
97v4 /Win7 x64 /64G ram /Nvidia Quadro K620
Reaper 5.29 /X-Touch
Prism Orpheus /RME Babyface Pro
User avatar
himhui
Expert
Expert
 
Posts: 1076
Joined: Sun Mar 28, 2010 6:04 pm

Re: True revolution on RAM side, 1.3.480 experimental released

Postby Arne » Wed Apr 20, 2011 10:18 pm

himhui wrote:
It seems that you are using 32bit nebula.....Try to use each alternative dll not more than 14 intances, thus you will probably open up to 40 instances. If you use jbridge with neb X64, you should open up to 63 instances.....


I am using Nebula 32 bit server. I have fully tested jBridge. The new RAM effective Nebula client seems to handle RAM even more effective then jBridge maintaining the RAM allocation within the server rather than having numerous jBridge instances running.

I guess the limitation of the Nebula 32 bit client / server will still be the 32bit architecture RAM limitation, but more effective since it is running outside of your 32bit host.

I have not fully tested your suggestion, but if I understand it correctly, I should simply copy existing .dll`s and make new names such as Nebula Reverb 2.dll, 3.dll etc and run max 14 instances of each? Correct?

Why is that a limitation?
Arne
User Level XI
User Level XI
 
Posts: 170
Joined: Sat Nov 20, 2010 10:31 pm
Location: Bergen, Norway

Re: True revolution on RAM side, 1.3.480 experimental released

Postby dpclarkson » Wed Apr 20, 2011 11:48 pm

I know this version is still in it's experimental stage,
but I'd like to know if there will be an OSX-64bit version
with these RAM-improvements available?
In that case, cpu doesn't necessarily have to be an issue,
as most DAWs can freeze audiotracks.
dpclarkson
Member
Member
 
Posts: 320
Joined: Thu Apr 22, 2010 9:53 am

Re: True revolution on RAM side, 1.3.480 experimental released

Postby himhui » Thu Apr 21, 2011 4:37 am

Arne wrote:
himhui wrote:
It seems that you are using 32bit nebula.....Try to use each alternative dll not more than 14 intances, thus you will probably open up to 40 instances. If you use jbridge with neb X64, you should open up to 63 instances.....


I am using Nebula 32 bit server. I have fully tested jBridge. The new RAM effective Nebula client seems to handle RAM even more effective then jBridge maintaining the RAM allocation within the server rather than having numerous jBridge instances running.

I guess the limitation of the Nebula 32 bit client / server will still be the 32bit architecture RAM limitation, but more effective since it is running outside of your 32bit host.

I have not fully tested your suggestion, but if I understand it correctly, I should simply copy existing .dll`s and make new names such as Nebula Reverb 2.dll, 3.dll etc and run max 14 instances of each? Correct?

Why is that a limitation?


Yes....!

I don't know the reason why, I just observed that 32bit DAW in win x64 worked even without localserver (but need jbridge) to exceed 4G ram limit. Project can reopen without crashing by using such method. Anyway, I still advise to use together with localserver cause it minimizes ram usage and save some cpu resources as well.
97v4 /Win7 x64 /64G ram /Nvidia Quadro K620
Reaper 5.29 /X-Touch
Prism Orpheus /RME Babyface Pro
User avatar
himhui
Expert
Expert
 
Posts: 1076
Joined: Sun Mar 28, 2010 6:04 pm

PreviousNext

Return to Working with Nebula

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests