Login

Micro Kernels Status?

Tips & tricks, working results, technical support

Micro Kernels Status?

Postby Guest » Sat Apr 16, 2011 10:07 am

Ciao Ragazzi :mrgreen:

Haven't seen/heard about micro kernels progress in a long time. Any news? (Sorry if I missed something, but haven't logged in here that often lately)

Thanks
M

Re: Micro Kernels Status?

Postby Tim Petherick » Sat Apr 16, 2011 1:28 pm

I'm really interested in this too.When we have this and nebula gate's its gonna complete the picture . Maybe some improvment on time based phaser type effects too.

Tim
Tim Petherick
Expert
Expert

Postby giancarlo » Sat Apr 16, 2011 4:26 pm

they are ready but I didn't find enough time for teaching developers seriously. There are so many things now...
giancarlo
Founder
Founder

Postby sfunk » Sat Apr 16, 2011 7:11 pm

giancarlo wrote:they are ready but I didn't find enough time for teaching developers seriously. There are so many things now...

Giancarlo, you're doing amazing things but maybe not always what the customer wants. I know you have a vision but perhaps you could put up a poll with all the features being developed and users could vote the order they would like to see them? To be honest i'd assume most of us would rather have the micro kernels, something that nails saturation and compression and 64bit Mac Nebula way over servers...........but then maybe thats just me :lol:
sfunk

Postby giancarlo » Sat Apr 16, 2011 7:33 pm

there is a path in our developements. We want a number of things released before 2012.
giancarlo
Founder
Founder

Postby Raynorshyn » Sat Apr 16, 2011 8:39 pm

I would agree. Compression over servers.
Raynorshyn
User Level III
User Level III

Postby giancarlo » Sat Apr 16, 2011 9:09 pm

servers are a solution for high end users... and they are the business ;)
giancarlo
Founder
Founder

Postby woeischris » Sun Apr 17, 2011 6:02 am

LINUX SERVER! :D
woeischris

Postby sfunk » Sun Apr 17, 2011 8:03 am

giancarlo wrote:servers are a solution for high end users... and they are the business ;)

If its high end users you are after then the Mac server needs a lot of work to address the issues. No use having a good PC server if the vast majority of high end studios and producers use mac. Just my opinion though :)
sfunk

Postby ngarjuna » Mon Apr 18, 2011 1:22 pm

sfunk wrote:
giancarlo wrote:servers are a solution for high end users... and they are the business ;)

If its high end users you are after then the Mac server needs a lot of work to address the issues. No use having a good PC server if the vast majority of high end studios and producers use mac. Just my opinion though :)

Not really. Their host being on a Mac doesnt have all that much to do with what OS is on their Nebula server.

Also the "vast majority" of high end engineers aren't using Macs; this isn't 1999.

The fact that people think they understand Giancarlo's business better than he does is a source of unending amusement.
ngarjuna
Expert
Expert

Next

Return to Working with Nebula