Login

Wavelab Batch with Nebula on mono files

Tips & tricks, working results, technical support

Wavelab Batch with Nebula on mono files

Postby micstandbob » Thu Apr 07, 2011 7:54 am

I have been trying out wavelab 7 for batch processing nebula and have found an error. i don't know if this is system specific or what?

Stereo files are processed perfectly. however, when the batch processor gets to a mono file in the list, it will process the file to 99% or 100%, then at the end wavelab tells me that nebula had a serious internal error.
wavelab then stops the batch process and puts a red failed circle beside the file. I have # of output channels set to (same as Source). but this issue is the same if i set output source to stereo.

So here is why it seems to involve nebula. I have not found any other plugin that produces this error. yet nebula repeatedly does this.

is there a way to force nebula into a mono mode?
micstandbob
User Level II
User Level II

Re: Wavelab Batch with Nebula on mono files

Postby micstandbob » Thu Apr 07, 2011 8:24 am

ok this isn't just a problem in the batch processor, it happens in the main audio editor window when trying to process a mono file with a master section nebula instance.

here is what i think is happening. i'm working in 96k too.

1. load files into batch processor. 96k mono and stereo files.
2. I load nebula in the plugin chainer. and choose a nebula preset 96k neb preset
even tho the file is 96k mono, Wavelab tells nebula to load as a stereo plugin at 44.1k
3. Run batch with stereo files working and mono files erroring.
I am guessing every other plugin can change number of channels during the batch process, but nebula can't. nebula spits out a stereo output and wavelab is expecting mono and wavelab freaks.

so is this a nebula design problem since every other plugin works, or is this a design flaw that wavelab waits until it starts processing to report the actual sample rate and number of channels?
micstandbob
User Level II
User Level II

Re: Wavelab Batch with Nebula on mono files

Postby yr » Thu Apr 07, 2011 8:51 am

I haven't tested version 7, but I know Wavlab 5 and 6 do not process stereo presets correctly. The results will null perfectly with the non-stereo versions of the same presets (you can test it in Wavelab's montage). Also, unless it has been corrected, you should take care not to use up/downsampled presets in the master-section or during batch-processing because they will not render correctly (at least not with the version's I've mentioned). You can read more about it in the following thread: http://www.acustica-audio.com/forum/ind ... =viewtopic
Reuven | post-production & sound-design | scenography |
website | nebula presets
yr
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Return to Working with Nebula