Login

One Nebula for each program

Tips & tricks, working results, technical support

One Nebula for each program

Postby chagalj » Thu Apr 22, 2010 12:57 am

I read somewhere a post about how can one have many instances of Nebula - each asocciated with one program list. For instance: Tape Nebula, EQ Nebula, Console Nebula ... and so on.

Can someone describe here how it can be done, step by step? I think that with so many programs, and small LCD on Nebula, everyone would appreciate to have something like that.

Thank you.

p.s. And how can we change the names of programs?
chagalj
User Level IV
User Level IV

Re: One Nebula for each program

Postby scottkane » Thu Apr 22, 2010 2:18 am

tha sounds interesting, but I think its fine with all categories too
Cheers!!!
- graphics portfolio - music -
scottkane
User Level X
User Level X

Postby farjedi » Thu Apr 22, 2010 4:57 am

Yes I do that, it dramatically reduces load times of Nebula, that was putting me off using it. This keeps it nice and swift load and also quicker access to types of sounds imo.

Ok this is how I do it.. I'm on Windows btw..

Look at where Nebula is installed in your vst plugins folder, you'll see Nebula .dll and Nebula .xml and the same for Nebula Reverb. I exclusively use the Nebula Reverb version for better quality.
Copy and Paste the Nebula Reverb .dll as many times as you need to and rename eg EQ.dll, COMP.dll etc etc...
Do the same for Nebula Reverb .xml, naming the files in a similar fashion, EQ.xml..you get the drift.
Now Create a folder called 'Nebula' on the C drive (it could be anywhere I think). Inside this make other folders, one called EQ, one called COMP, basically a folder to correspond to the .dll's you have just created.
Inside those folders you have named, you will need to create additional folders. One called 'Programs', 'Setups', 'Skins', 'Temp', 'Vectors' exactly as you would find in the C:nebulatemprepository folder.
Whilst I mention that folder go into it and into the 'Setups' folder. You will need to copy the 'Rom' and '~scanboot' xmls and paste them into your new 'Setups' folders. It's also really important that you copy the init.n2p from the Program folder and the init.n2v from Vectors and paste into your own Program and Vector folders respectively. Put skins in your new 'Skins' folder.
Now that part is done. We go back to the VST folder where you have renamed your Nebula dll's.
We need to edit the xml file to redirect the plugin to read the contents of your new folder. Right click on the relevant xml and select 'edit'. On the line <DATAPATH> you will change the address to match your new folder...for example:

<DATAPATH> C:\Nebula\EQ\ <DATAPATH>

obviously that could be directed to any folder on your computer.
With luck you should see your new plugin when you load your DAW and it will load up. That's about it...
Whenever you get an update you only need copy over the dll's, this usually takes 5 minutes so, well worth the time you save waiting for you sequencer to load...
cheers..Adam
farjedi
User Level X
User Level X

Postby chagalj » Thu Apr 22, 2010 1:23 pm

Thank you, Adam. I will try that tommorow and get back to report.
chagalj
User Level IV
User Level IV

Postby ErotiCore SteNch » Fri Apr 23, 2010 4:43 pm

this sounds interesting i might gonna try this,this weekend
ErotiCore SteNch
User Level VIII
User Level VIII

Return to Working with Nebula