Login

Links to nebula server free PC VERSION and MAC OSX (updated)

Tips & tricks, working results, technical support

Re: Links to nebula server free PC VERSION (SOON MAC OSX)

Postby giancarlo » Sun Mar 27, 2011 8:07 pm

go slowly. First of all test nebula server (reverb version) in reaper before wrapping it. Reaper is a free and small download. In many cases it happens the user types a wrong nebulatemprepository, so the upgrade doesn't work.

In few cases (wavelab 3 users) new nebula is not recognized because old hosts don't support 4 input channels. For this reason I suggest to upgrade to latest nebula3 pro before doing anything else: in this way you'll check if it's an input issue.

About server, it should run exactly like a standard nebula (it's as standard nebula). So upgrade it only if nebula3 pro is working.

Cuda nebula should be recognized. It happens cudabridge is not recognize, but a cuda tuned dll should be wrapped, period. If it doesn't happen, simply cuda instance is not tweaked perfectly.

A suggestion: it's possible your protools wrapped wants a different MAGIC sequence in your xml if you copy your dll and xml (ex cuda). MAGIC is just a group of 4 characters, just change one of them. In any case for similar issues I suggest to contact me directly
giancarlo
Founder
Founder

Postby Grim » Mon Mar 28, 2011 1:17 am

Hi.
I have purchased the upgrade & am getting somewhat confused by all the x86/x64/32 bit/64bit client/server talk.

I have 32bit DAW on 64 bit W7 so in the first instance I want to try & run local server with 32bit Nebula.

So please can anyone confirm that I only need to install the 32bit (x86) server upgrade to do this?

Does it also install new Nebula plugs or is the server/client an entirely separate thing?

Assuming this all works fine....is there any further advantage for me in running 64bit Nebula in my 32bit host?

Thanks.
Grim

Postby himhui » Mon Mar 28, 2011 5:00 am

Yes, it is an upgrade for NebulaPro. You'll see a server.exe inside the server folder of nebulatemprepository after installation. The dll of Nebula 1.3.476 will replace the previous version.....

Neb Server 32bit version works with 32bit Daw in OS x64, it can use system memories outside the Daw.
97v4 /Win7 x64 /64G ram /Nvidia Quadro K620
Reaper 5.28 /X-Touch
Prism Orpheus /RME Babyface Pro
himhui
Expert
Expert

Postby Grim » Tue Mar 29, 2011 12:24 am

Thanks Himhui.

I now have Neb & Neb Reverb running ok on the server (local) but my next problem is that I run alternative versions of Nebula with different buffer settings & pointing to different libraries....I've created all the Neb copies for these as usual but they don't open on the server. Is there a way to make these also run on the server?

Thanks.
Grim

Postby himhui » Tue Mar 29, 2011 9:43 am

Grim wrote:Thanks Himhui.

I now have Neb & Neb Reverb running ok on the server (local) but my next problem is that I run alternative versions of Nebula with different buffer settings & pointing to different libraries....I've created all the Neb copies for these as usual but they don't open on the server. Is there a way to make these also run on the server?

Thanks.

1.3.476 seems only running preset in localserver and the library path for server is written in server xml, so I still use 1.3.475 as alternative to load it in my daw.......
97v4 /Win7 x64 /64G ram /Nvidia Quadro K620
Reaper 5.28 /X-Touch
Prism Orpheus /RME Babyface Pro
himhui
Expert
Expert

Postby Grim » Tue Mar 29, 2011 2:56 pm

Giancarlo has mailed me that I can do it by editing the server xml.....unfortunately he didn't tell me what to edit!

Hopefully he'll get back to me soon.

I added the alternative datapaths so that my server version now sees all of my separated library, but I still see no way to make the alternative versions appear also in server.

Even with the new browser the program list is a nightmare with all programs in one Nebula instance.
Grim

Postby Grim » Tue Mar 29, 2011 5:12 pm

Update: I managed to get alternative instance working as clients by copying the new NebulaReverb.xml & renaming for each instance....BUT all instances then seem to read the datapath from the server xml so I can't have just tapes show up in one instance & only consoles in another....which was the main point of having set up separate instances in the first place!

Think I'm going to have to go back to Jbridge for now until someone can explain to me what I need to do....assuming it's even possible which I'm beginning to doubt with this early release.
I can always run the new localserver alongside & start migrating to it slowly but I really hate having all presets in each instance....takes me way too long to find stuff.
Grim

Postby giancarlo » Sun Apr 03, 2011 6:31 pm

ok nebula server is debugged on mac osx too. Performances are not very good on my macbook, but also standard nebula is not running very well here, especially in logic audio (I'm using an old i3, and consoles are very cpu intensive). Everything is stable anyway.
We'll check performances later (for examply why pc version is so much better), we are starting a big cuda development and I guess it will solve a lot of issues on cuda side.

Back to the version: best way is let you test it in nebula3 free, so you could check directly in your system before buying.

Just a question: could someone propose an icon or a picture for nebula server?
giancarlo
Founder
Founder

Postby sfunk » Sun Apr 03, 2011 7:25 pm

Does this mean the Mac Osx version is out? Cant see it in the shop? How much is it for pro users?
sfunk

Postby giancarlo » Sun Apr 03, 2011 8:50 pm

sfunk wrote:Does this mean the Mac Osx version is out? Cant see it in the shop? How much is it for pro users?

not yet. We'll release nebula3 free mac osx server in this thread, as usually
giancarlo
Founder
Founder

PreviousNext

Return to Working with Nebula