Login

Links to nebula server free PC VERSION and MAC OSX (updated)

Tips & tricks, working results, technical support

Re: Links to nebula server and localserver free PC VERSION

Postby mathias » Fri Mar 11, 2011 4:26 pm

alexshur1969 wrote:I also can not configure the server. And I shall be very glad if someone will make video tutorial

it is pretty simple, when you know the right places to go.
first make sure you have a lan connection between your two computers. on the main machine - where your daw is - edit the "nebula3free-xml" (or reverb-version if you use that, you find it in your vst-plugin-folder). you find two lines in there, that are related to the server:
<SERVERPORT> 6000 </SERVERPORT>
<SERVERADDRESS> 192.168.1.2 </SERVERADDRESS>
you have to specify the tcp adress of your second computer (above you see mine), leave the port as it is.

on the second machine you need to have an installation of nebula3free with all the programs.
in the nebulatemprepository, there is a folder called "server". you find the server-versions for 32 and 64 bit os in there. open the xml-file of the serverversion you use and write as serveradress "127.0.0.1".
start the server and open the infopanel (click on the symbol in the taskbar). it will show you if plugin-instances are connected.

go back to the main-machine and start your audioprogram and load nebula3free. if it works, you should see on the server-infopanel one connected instance.
hope this gets you going, good luck
mathias
system 1: windows 8 32 bit - samplitude prox, tracktion6, reaper
system 2: mac osx yosemite - reaper(32+64bit), tracktion6(32+64bit)

both systems on: macbook pro (late 2009), core 2 duo 3,06 ghz, 4 gb ram, graphic: nvidia geforce 9600M GT 512 MB
mathias
Expert
Expert

Postby Vando » Fri Mar 11, 2011 6:35 pm

I got it. Thank you Mathias. Now, does anybody know how to use it in both machines at the same time. Is it possible or not?
Vando
User Level XI
User Level XI

Postby mathias » Fri Mar 11, 2011 7:21 pm

Vando wrote:I got it. Thank you Mathias. Now, does anybody know how to use it in both machines at the same time. Is it possible or not?

what do you mean exactly?
you can run a "normal" nebula-plugin on your main-machine, in parallel with another nebula-plugin, that uses the server on the other computer.
or did you ask something else?

mathias

both systems on: macbook pro (late 2009), core 2 duo 3,06 ghz, 4 gb ram, graphic: nvidia geforce 9600M GT 512 MB
mathias
Expert
Expert

Postby alexshur1969 » Sat Mar 12, 2011 8:28 am

but how do you know what I SERVERPORT and SERVERADDRESS ???
alexshur1969
User Level I
User Level I

Postby giancarlo » Sat Mar 12, 2011 6:22 pm

working on mac osx version (adding a gui).
Those parameters are not explained very well because at the moment we are interested in "local server" comments, since it will be the first product to be released. I think it's rock solid, pretty stable, fast. I suggest the local server version even if you need a simple nebula and even if you are using a 64 bits version of nebula. Nebula works so better in a different application than your host.

About tcp server, if you achieve to test it it's ok, we received so many requests so we are providing a version to test, but we are not interested in feedbacks immediatly. For sure lan is introducing new constraints and variables, it happens you waste more resources than the ones you save. Tcp server works very well when you have a slow client and a fast server (or group of servers). We suggest a multi-lan card, like the ones used in oracle configurations. Nebula wastes a lot of lan resources when the gui is open, so we suggest to close it when you measure performances. Anyway if your lan is slow it happens your client is waiting for data and in such case it starts overloading the client cpu. It's better if you use an high DSPBUFFER setting.

Future is exciting, we'll improve CUDA a lot so you'll be able to use serious servers with plenty of ram even in our old daw. A server in general works very well with reverbs like EMT.
giancarlo
Founder
Founder

Postby Vando » Sat Mar 12, 2011 6:48 pm

what do you mean exactly?
you can run a "normal" nebula-plugin on your main-machine, in parallel with another nebula-plugin, that uses the server on the other computer.
or did you ask something else?

With the help of local server I can load more instances and with server I can use the other computer along with the main machine, which means even more instances if I'm able to run them at the same time, right?
At the moment I use JBridger in the main one and in slave I use FX Teleport, so I'm doing quite well. Of course I'm interested to find out if Nebula's local server/server is more efficient than the afore mentioned combination. They seem to be quite similar. But I guess that's what we'll find out when Nebula's server system is ready and we can use NebPro instead of the free one.
Vando
User Level XI
User Level XI

Postby mathias » Sat Mar 12, 2011 10:28 pm

...and we can use NebPro instead of the free one.

that is my problem at the moment. i can not test properly, because i can not use the commercial programs with nebula free. so i am waiting :roll:
i am pretty trained in waiting :lol:
...i am joking, take your time giancarlo :D !

thanks for the infos on the server!

mathias

mathias
Expert
Expert

Postby enriquesilveti » Sun Mar 13, 2011 12:10 pm

There are several reasons, we are rebuilding AA beta team, level 1 and level 2 and 3rd developers community.

Nebula3FREE has more users so everyone can demo LAN server and Local server for FREE before buy.

We will add more information about Nebula Server beta test phases in the next newsletter (April one).
Enrique Silveti.
Acustica Audio customer and technical support.

MBP 11.5 (i7-4870 | 16 GB | 512 SDD)
SP4 (i5-6300 | 8 GB | 256 SDD)
UFX | Lyra2 | USBPre2
VM U15 | VM Win10 | VM OSX 10.12
N4/NAT4 | SPX3 | RX5 | LN2C | Smaart8 | R5 | PT12 | PX10 | NIK5
enriquesilveti
Expert
Expert

Postby Lonnie » Mon Mar 14, 2011 6:18 am

Forgive me, but I posted at the wrong forum. I'm in the process of finishing a much nicer beta testing system here. Thanks!
Last edited by Lonnie on Mon Mar 14, 2011 9:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
Lonnie
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Postby giancarlo » Mon Mar 14, 2011 6:45 am

lonnie, you have the beta version in beta forum ;)
giancarlo
Founder
Founder

PreviousNext

Return to Working with Nebula