Login

Links to nebula server free PC VERSION and MAC OSX (updated)

Tips & tricks, working results, technical support

Re: Links to nebula server and localserver free PC VERSION

Postby giancarlo » Thu Mar 10, 2011 6:51 am

himhui wrote:locacl server and Server together...

It's not that bad!!

correct. You can mix different types of sessions and you can open REALLY many instances. Trouble with tcp is bandwidth.
giancarlo
Founder
Founder

Postby himhui » Thu Mar 10, 2011 7:28 am

giancarlo wrote:
himhui wrote:Can't reload presets when reopen project if memory loading over 4G....
I think that 32bit daw still couldn't go beyond the 4G ram limit in x64 OS......

correct. It happens for localserver and not for remote servers too. If you run out the 32 bits memory space your 32 bits daw can't work any more.

Anyway you are using way more ram than before. I remember the worst case: 1.2 gigabytes and the best case, around 2 gigabytes (even enabling the 3gigabytes switch).

Yes, it loads preset five times faster and can push using more ram !

I need to test the remote server later today again cause I had the reload preset problem as the local server did....
97v4 /Win7 x64 /64G ram /Nvidia Quadro K620
Reaper 5.28 /X-Touch
Prism Orpheus /RME Babyface Pro
himhui
Expert
Expert

Postby giancarlo » Thu Mar 10, 2011 11:09 am

himhui wrote:
giancarlo wrote:
himhui wrote:Can't reload presets when reopen project if memory loading over 4G....
I think that 32bit daw still couldn't go beyond the 4G ram limit in x64 OS......

correct. It happens for localserver and not for remote servers too. If you run out the 32 bits memory space your 32 bits daw can't work any more.

Anyway you are using way more ram than before. I remember the worst case: 1.2 gigabytes and the best case, around 2 gigabytes (even enabling the 3gigabytes switch).

Yes, it loads preset five times faster and can push using more ram !

I need to test the remote server later today again cause I had the reload preset problem as the local server did....

check how much memory is your cubase/sequencer using in your task manager.
giancarlo
Founder
Founder

Postby Vando » Thu Mar 10, 2011 5:35 pm

I don't quite understand what to do to make the server work.
In Nebula3 free.xml there is this
<SERVERADDRESS> . </SERVERADDRESS>
Is this the place in the middle where to write the IP address of the slave computer?
And in the Slave in the same kind of place the IP address of the master machine?
I have done this but after writing it I had no server or local server. In DISK page for Server there is N/A.

There is also this in .xml
<SERVERPORT> 6000 </SERVERPORT>
When the local server IS working this the number that could be seen in Server in DISK. For Bridge there is N/A.
Vando
User Level XI
User Level XI

Postby giancarlo » Thu Mar 10, 2011 6:15 pm

you can see what the server is doing remotely using nat3free. Double click on "server" on the left!! so you'll be able to select a remote server typing the remote tcp address
giancarlo
Founder
Founder

Postby enriquesilveti » Thu Mar 10, 2011 10:10 pm

My report

AA Product: Nebula3FREE Local Server
Version: 1.3.475
Amount of RAM: 8 GB (XP see 3.2 GB)
GPU: GF 9600 CUDA 3.00
Amount of GPU RAM: 1 GB
Sequencer version: Samplitude 11.20 PRO
Audio interface: RME FF800
Audio interface buffer: 1024
Sequencer buffer: 1024x2
Extra information: Everything x86. Very stable version. I run x16 EMT140VNXT2s96 in 5/11 OPTs.
Attachments
Nebula3FREELocalServerx86x86.jpg
Nebula3FREELocalServerx86x86.jpg (1.09 MiB) Viewed 1010 times
Enrique Silveti.
Acustica Audio customer and technical support.

MBP 11.5 (i7-4870 | 16 GB | 512 SDD)
SP4 (i5-6300 | 8 GB | 256 SDD)
RME UFX | PS Lyra2 | SD USBPre2
VM U15 | VM W10 | VM OSX 10.12
N4/NAT4 | SPX3 | RX5 | LN2C | Smaart8 | R5 | PT12 | PX10
enriquesilveti
Expert
Expert

Postby mathias » Fri Mar 11, 2011 3:40 am

i tested the nebulafree server today.
system:
my daw (samplitude 10.22) is running on windows xp sp3 in a bootcamp-installation on macbook pro (3.09 ghz dual core cpu, 4 gb ram - xp shows 2,7 gb ram)
i did all my tests with the reverb-version of nebula3free.

the local server runs fine and gives me more ram to use - great! i loaded a lot of old plateII together with some instances of nebula pro with heavy programs and it played fine and stable. i had a ram use of 1.88 gb in total, 500 mb on the local server.
on nebula3free there are no programs that really use a big amount of ram, so my testing was a bit limited.
i tried to copy the free emt-vnxt-plate, but it did not show up.

it took me a while to get the server running with my old laptop (pentium m 1.86 ghz cpu, 1 gb ram, win xp sp3). a good and clear setup description will help many people i think... ;) .
it ran over a gbit lan connection and worked well without dropouts and crackles.
i brought my old laptop to sweat with five instances of oldplateII (80-90% cpu).
then i looked for the cpu of the macbook and it showed around 20-25%. each instance i closed brought it down.
when i load 5 instances of oldplate II without the server, i get around 15% cpu-consumption on the macbook. :lol:
so this is not really a help in this configuration.
any other tests you would suggest?

while writing here i wanted to try something and tried to load nebulafree and got a bluescreen :shock: .... i haven't seen one for years!
the xml of nebula3free still pointed to the tcp adress of the other computer, but the network-adress changed inbetween, for the internet-connection. i think this should be more robust. i will make different versions of the nebula-dll, to be on the safe side.

so at the moment i am happy with the localserver, please bring it for nebulapro :D !

i don't know if more up-to-date systems are more effective with the server. or what else could be the cause for the high-cpu?

that is it for now,
greetings
mathias
system 1: windows 8 32 bit - samplitude prox, tracktion6, reaper
system 2: mac osx yosemite - reaper(32+64bit), tracktion6(32+64bit)

both systems on: macbook pro (late 2009), core 2 duo 3,06 ghz, 4 gb ram, graphic: nvidia geforce 9600M GT 512 MB
mathias
Expert
Expert

Postby mathias » Fri Mar 11, 2011 4:41 am

just to clarify:
the 20-25% cpu from above (5 instances of nebula3free) on the main computer (macbook), while connected to a server, are independent of playing the project.
it is always there, like an audioengine, running in the background.

i get that too on the local server, but only when running 20 instances of nebula3free. it is like 1% per instance, while above i get around 4-5% per instance.

mathias
system 1: windows 8 32 bit - samplitude prox, tracktion6, reaper
system 2: mac osx yosemite - reaper(32+64bit), tracktion6(32+64bit)

both systems on: macbook pro (late 2009), core 2 duo 3,06 ghz, 4 gb ram, graphic: nvidia geforce 9600M GT 512 MB
mathias
Expert
Expert

Postby cfunck » Fri Mar 11, 2011 5:00 am

I can´t wait for the PRO version to be released. Also, would be of great help making a nice tutorial of how to set it up, since I believe most of us are not very experienced with server practices.

We´re living this "youtube" era, video tutorials are awesome to learn this kind of stuff and also would be of great help selling your products.

Anyways, good job for what´s achieved so far Giacarlo!
cfunck
User Level I
User Level I

Postby alexshur1969 » Fri Mar 11, 2011 1:23 pm

I also can not configure the server. And I shall be very glad if someone will make video tutorial
alexshur1969
User Level I
User Level I

PreviousNext

Return to Working with Nebula