Login

Precice Gain Staging Needed

Tips & tricks, working results, technical support

Precice Gain Staging Needed

Postby Puranon » Sun Mar 06, 2011 1:26 pm

We need precision control of I/O gain.

We should be able to hit whole integer values like 3db, 6db, 9db, 12db, 18db.
Puranon
User Level X
User Level X

Re: Precice Gain Staging Needed

Postby serenity71 » Mon Mar 07, 2011 1:13 am

Hi,

I use a GGain for this. Its very simle and beautifull with dedicated skin, and...free :)

I use almosc every plugin from this free bundle:

http://www.gvst.co.uk/downloads.htm

Regards,

Paul
serenity71
User Level 0
User Level 0

Postby Cupwise » Mon Mar 07, 2011 8:22 am

try the bluecat gain. you can link two instances together so that when you boost the level going into nebula, the level will be dropped by the same amount after.
Cupwise
Expert
Expert

Postby futur2 » Mon Mar 07, 2011 1:25 pm

Cupwise wrote:try the bluecat gain. you can link two instances together so that when you boost the level going into nebula, the level will be dropped by the same amount after.

all good but nebula is enough involved as is. would be nice to have this implemented in neb.
futur2

Postby sfunk » Mon Mar 07, 2011 1:47 pm

futur2 wrote:
Cupwise wrote:try the bluecat gain. you can link two instances together so that when you boost the level going into nebula, the level will be dropped by the same amount after.

all good but nebula is enough involved as is. would be nice to have this implemented in neb.

I agree. It would be nice also to have some sort of more visual meter. Input and output controls that work together would be a great feature.
sfunk

Postby giancarlo » Mon Mar 07, 2011 1:50 pm

there would be a simple solution: a template with a slider for that (it decreases or increases inputs accordingly), compensating input and output (simple to do: gainpadin and gainpadout are modified by the same inverted amount).
Only I'm a bit busy, I know that a template could be created in few seconds but I don't know which template I should create first.

So I FORWARD this question to DEVELOPERS: if you need this feature contact me and please specify WHICH template (I can't modify them all), possibly the most important one for you.

Here the request path :D
1) you contact developers asking for that, with a link to this thread
2) they will contact me explaining which template I should modify first
giancarlo
Founder
Founder

Postby Veet » Mon Mar 07, 2011 7:26 pm

It is very important to integrate this into Nebula. The blue cat takes away 2 insert slots in Cubase.
Veet
User Level II
User Level II

Postby maniak » Mon Mar 07, 2011 7:59 pm

giancarlo wrote:there would be a simple solution: a template with a slider for that (it decreases or increases inputs accordingly), compensating input and output (simple to do: gainpadin and gainpadout are modified by the same inverted amount).
Only I'm a bit busy, I know that a template could be created in few seconds but I don't know which template I should create first.

So I FORWARD this question to DEVELOPERS: if you need this feature contact me and please specify WHICH template (I can't modify them all), possibly the most important one for you.

Here the request path :D
1) you contact developers asking for that, with a link to this thread
2) they will contact me explaining which template I should modify first

1+ :D
maniak
User Level X
User Level X

Postby rhythminmind » Mon Mar 07, 2011 10:28 pm

I don't quite understand the need? Can you explain why the current in/out or the program pad in/pad out doesn't suffice?
Better visual indication?
"Any experiment of interest in life will be carried out at your own expense." http://rhythminmind.net - http://signaltonoize.com - http://popsound.com
rhythminmind

Postby Renan L.B » Mon Mar 07, 2011 11:00 pm

giancarlo wrote:there would be a simple solution: a template with a slider for that (it decreases or increases inputs accordingly), compensating input and output (simple to do: gainpadin and gainpadout are modified by the same inverted amount).

It's conforting to know that this can be implemented. I <EDIT> exposed the idea about it </EDIT> long ago here: http://www.acustica-audio.com/forum/ind ... =viewtopic

Also, is there any setting that can be modified in Nebula to make the Input/Output go higher than +6.0206dB ?
Renan L.B
User Level II
User Level II

Next

Return to Working with Nebula