Login

Sidechain to everyone and for free (we are completely crazy)

Tips & tricks, working results, technical support

Re: Sidechain to everyone and for free (we are completely crazy)

Postby Mercado_Negro » Sat Mar 12, 2011 12:04 pm

... or you can use ReaEQ right before Nebula and manipulate the signal routing by configuring the pin connectors. Like this:

http://stashbox.org/1081450/Nebula-SC-REAPER.png

There are no guidelines for the HPF center frequency, just move it until it sounds good ;)
i7 3770k :: Asus P8H77-V LE :: 16Gb DDR3 @1600MHz :: Geforce GT 520 :: OCZ-Vertex 128Gb :: WD Black Series 1Tb and Green Series 1Tb :: F*******e Liquid56 :: REAPER 64bit and StudioOne 64bit (both latest versions) :: Win 10 64bit
Mercado_Negro
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Postby faun2500 » Sat Mar 12, 2011 12:20 pm

Mercado_Negro wrote:... or you can use ReaEQ right before Nebula and manipulate the signal routing by configuring the pin connectors. Like this:

There are no guidelines for the HPF center frequency, just move it until it sounds good ;)

I didn't know about this! Great tip - Thanks!!!
Forthcoming releases on: Black Heart Label, Hyperdrive and Transfixion. http://soundcloud.com/100mg. 6 FREE Downloads on my soundcloud page. Nebula ALL over these trax!
faun2500
Vip Member
Vip Member

Postby Mplay » Sat Mar 12, 2011 12:22 pm

Hadn't thought to try it that way, very handy indeed
Mplay

Postby krzysiek » Sat Mar 12, 2011 12:55 pm

hello
please give your file cpr your cubase with the option sidechain

Best regards krzysiek
krzysiek
User Level 0
User Level 0

Postby Ramana » Sat Mar 12, 2011 3:35 pm

Thanks!
The gears were clicking, I may have gotten this to work (was going to try another go,) but I really appreciate these tips and instructions!

cheers
Ramana
User Level II
User Level II

Postby Ramana » Sat Mar 12, 2011 4:14 pm

@Mercado_Negro
Brilliant!
thanks!
wow!
Ramana
User Level II
User Level II

Postby sneaky » Mon Mar 14, 2011 11:40 am

Mercado_Negro wrote:... or you can use ReaEQ right before Nebula and manipulate the signal routing by configuring the pin connectors. Like this:

Has anyone used reaper parameter modulation to get a nebula compressor fully working some automatic Gain compensation ? Think this is a sidechain question. Apologies if not.
cheers
Steve
sneaky

Postby Mercado_Negro » Mon Mar 14, 2011 7:22 pm

sneaky wrote:Has anyone used reaper parameter modulation to get a nebula compressor fully working some automatic Gain compensation ? Think this is a sidechain question. Apologies if not.
cheers
Steve

I have used Parameter Modulation with Nebula but not on compressors, only EQs. The results are pretty decent though Nebula's parameters interpolation doesn't sound smooth enough sometimes.
i7 3770k :: Asus P8H77-V LE :: 16Gb DDR3 @1600MHz :: Geforce GT 520 :: OCZ-Vertex 128Gb :: WD Black Series 1Tb and Green Series 1Tb :: F*******e Liquid56 :: REAPER 64bit and StudioOne 64bit (both latest versions) :: Win 10 64bit
Mercado_Negro
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Postby Renan L.B » Mon Mar 14, 2011 8:12 pm

Here's another nice trick if you're on Reaper.

You can use the JS time adjustment plugin in the same way as the ReaEQ approach.

The original signal goes into input 1&2 and the time_adjustment output goes into ports 3&4. Now you can manipulate the "predictability" of the gain reduction.

This way you can create your own look-ahead for Nebula and go beyond any program specs to further shape/sculpt or control your sound in an way not possible before :D higher delays (0ms to 10ms) lets the edge of transients pass through and sound bigger in an more natural and rounder way and lower delays (0ms to -10ms) allows you to control things more precisely.
Renan L.B
User Level II
User Level II

Postby Ramana » Mon Mar 14, 2011 11:06 pm

I'm really curious to hear what's possible with this and the new upcoming micro-kernel engine. Seems like mums the word on that for now, but it WILL come. :)
Ramana
User Level II
User Level II

PreviousNext

Return to Working with Nebula