Login

Sidechain to everyone and for free (we are completely crazy)

Tips & tricks, working results, technical support

Re: Sidechain to everyone and for free (we are completely crazy)

Postby TranscendingMusic » Mon Mar 07, 2011 5:44 pm

paulrussell wrote:on the original video, which started the thread, I demonstrated how VC-64 didn't work. But Noel pointed out to me that I hadn't used the 'key' button. Doh!

Ohh! That, yea hmmm that tricky little guy
mixing | mastering
Win 10 x64 | Sonar Platinum x64 | 3930K(OC)
TranscendingMusic
Expert
Expert

Postby lordnielson » Mon Mar 07, 2011 7:18 pm

giancarlo wrote:yes.... I see it.
We'll support the double bus anyway. I want it working in logic 9.
http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic ... 37#4445337

Good work Gian. If you need testing just send it over. :geek:
lordnielson

Postby SKJGProject » Tue Mar 08, 2011 3:08 am

now please make a vst3 version for native sidechaining in cubase :lol: :twisted:
SKJGProject
User Level I
User Level I

Postby TranscendingMusic » Tue Mar 08, 2011 9:23 pm

paulrussell wrote:on the original video, which started the thread, I demonstrated how VC-64 didn't work. But Noel pointed out to me that I hadn't used the 'key' button. Doh!

hey Paul it would be really good if you could try the server version using two computers, since you hve Sonar X1. In my tests, 8.5.3, still has a buffering issue which increases Sonar's CPU. Basically the server is not usable in 8.5.3. So I'd like to see if this buffering issue persists in the latest release. It seems they tackled side-chaining as you said so who knows.
mixing | mastering
Win 10 x64 | Sonar Platinum x64 | 3930K(OC)
TranscendingMusic
Expert
Expert

Postby paulrussell » Thu Mar 10, 2011 9:43 am

sorry, Bob, I don't have the facilities to setup a server version right now. My studio is in a half-built state and I'm currently in Singapore on a project until the end of next week.
paulrussell
User Level IV
User Level IV

Postby giancarlo » Thu Mar 10, 2011 10:06 am

update: au version based on a couple of busses is not straightforward. It requires at least a couple of weeks for a basic tested implementation. The main issue is that we are not using frameworks like juce or similar, and we don't have native patches tested for multi-bus, but we should change apple code and test it again.

An other important thing to say, it seems like AU is managing multiple busses indipendently, which makes our existing code useless (at the moment we are managing synchronized input and output channels, and believe me, it's already a COMPLEX piece of code). I can't confirm it immediatly (I should play a bit with their renderbus method on different hosts), but in such case I'm not sure we'll release it now, we chould postpone the development. I don't want overcomplicated code, because we should add a lot of features and I don't like new constraints. An indipendant bus could add a new ugly constraint to our architecture, creating early issues on incoming new develpments. I don't want to add bugs to all versions just because this au madness. I hope you understand.
giancarlo
Founder
Founder

Postby giancarlo » Thu Mar 10, 2011 3:22 pm

ok, I should give up. Other developments are urgent and I can't spend too much time on this AU mess. Explanation is simple: RenderBus (core audio) processes busses indipendently. I'm not sure that you could pull all inputs as soon as you receive a request on a single bus, and I should test all hosts.

This doesn't fit with our current architecture, and could lead to new bugs, and I can't start hunting bugs again now (we just completed a bug hunting cycle, and I'm pretty tired). If nebula was a compressor it would be a simple thing, but nebula is NOT a compressor, and our process subroutine is waaaay to much complex for a quick changement, because we should take in account all possible combinations of processing buffers, threading, mutexes....

So today we'll release a new version for all platforms and that's all.
giancarlo
Founder
Founder

Postby lordnielson » Thu Mar 10, 2011 4:07 pm

Fair enough Giancarlo. I suspect you have a long list of things to finish off. And who knows, maybe Apple will at some point implement their own technology correctly.. 8-)
lordnielson

Postby giancarlo » Thu Mar 10, 2011 4:19 pm

I don't think they will change anything. Anyway this is a clear trouble of them. They are not respecting their own specifications. We are creating a plug with 4 inputs and 2 outputs.... we should not be forced to support multiple busses, especially because their examples and base classes are not supporting them and because this convoluted approach requires additional logic and headaches.

They should support all kind of possible routing to the standard basic configuration. Fair enough.
giancarlo
Founder
Founder

Postby enriquesilveti » Thu Mar 10, 2011 10:07 pm

Maybe Apple will at some point implement their own technology correctly...
Enrique Silveti.
Acustica Audio customer and technical support.

MBP 11.5 (i7-4870 | 16 GB | 512 SDD)
SP4 (i5-6300 | 8 GB | 256 SDD)
RME UFX | PS Lyra2 | SD USBPre2
VM U15 | VM W10 | VM OSX 10.12
N4/NAT4 | SPX3 | RX5 | LN2C | Smaart8 | R5 | PT12 | PX10
enriquesilveti
Expert
Expert

PreviousNext

Return to Working with Nebula