Login

Hardware preamps and console libraries

Tips & tricks, working results, technical support

Re: Hardware preamps and console libraries

Postby tlindaas » Sat Mar 19, 2011 12:29 pm

I'll quote alexb from another thread:

"You can use the programs in two, or more, differents way:
- emulate a tracking : use as firts insert the console input program that you prefer (line or mic) and than the excellent R2R by CDSoundmaster to emulate a tracking on tape through a recording console.
- emulate a mix : use as first insert the R2R program and than the console input channel.
If your tracks are very sterile, i.e. with a lot of VST instruments, you can do this:
- put as first insert the console mic input, than the R2R tape program and than the console line input. In this way you emulate the tracking to tape through the console and than mixing on the console in a single passage (or rendering)."

http://www.acustica-audio.com/forum/ind ... c&start=50
tlindaas
User Level 0
User Level 0

Re: Hardware preamps and console libraries

Postby tlindaas » Sat Mar 19, 2011 12:33 pm

Same thread:

"Are preamps part of a console? Do Nebula preamps and consoles serve the same function (i.e. could you substitute preamps for consoles and vice versa)?"

"Yes, consoles and preamps can serve the same purpose. The console channels are essentially the preamplification input of the mixing board. It is possible for things to be sampled as preamps that can be substituted in this place that act in a similar manner, using the concept to run your DAW like a wide frame of reference unique console. Like the Modern Tube Pro release, Vintage Tubes Collection, and the preamp selection of high end eq programs, the input and drive electronics are similar enough to use them as they are console inputs. The joy of using the actual branded consoles aka N**e, A*I etc is that the cumulative output gives the unique sound of mixing on that platform, since the real hardware works by small amounts of additive sound that is unique. But, it is great to experiment with other things even on top of this. Imagination is the key!"

http://www.acustica-audio.com/forum/ind ... c&start=40
tlindaas
User Level 0
User Level 0

Previous

Return to Working with Nebula