Hey guys, I'm on a Mac OSX 10.5.8 MacBook Pro. I have been working with Nebula Pro 3 Audio Unit for a little while now in Logic Pro and I'm amazed. However for mastering purposes I went to Wavelab but I can't get Nebula working in Wavelab nor in Cubase as a vst effect. It says:
1 DEBUG level: 0 2 Master Ok (nebula3.xml) 3 ROM Memory Ko: rom descriptor not found (rom.xml)
I put the rom.xml file in all relevant folders (vst folder, Nebula library folder etc...but it didn't work out. Does it have to do something with the content of the Rom.xml file? This what it looks like:
In the same folder that you can find your Nebula plug-in files you will find a .XML files with the master setting, this file will you find the path for your ROM file (rom.xml), if you delete it you should reinstall Nebula from a setup and re apply you personal key.
ROM file should "at last2 listed INIT N2P/N2V files, that are the INIT files, the KEY files! So the link between Nebula boot and KEY is broken due a wrong path or a missing file (the rom.xml)
Enrique Silveti. Acustica Audio customer and technical support.
Hallo, Enrique and first biiig thanks for trying to help.
This is getting a bit complicated now. So let me get the things right. My first question is why is the Audio Unit Plugin working while the VST Plugin is not? The Nebula.xml files are identical in the vst plugin folder and in the au plugin folder.
Second, I have to tell you that I edited the nebula.xml files so nebula can see the path to my library. It's on another partition called "Data".
Again, this works well with the au plugin in Logic.
I have also edited the Nebula Reverb.xml file to look this way (and the Nebula CUDA.xml btw which I copied from the Nebula Reverb.xml in order to get CUDA running which party works but this is another story). And these files are located in my Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/Components folder and also in my Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/VST in the Acustica subfolder. If I followed your description right, the Nebula.xml file points to the Datapath where Nebula finds the <SETUPSUBPATH>Setups/</SETUPSUBPATH> which is indeed located there. And this path contains the Rom.xml file which looks like this:
I have the same problems in Cubase on Windows 7. I use reaper mainly with Nebula 3 Pro (where it work without problems). For my Wavelab 7 the Nebula crash the whole application before it's finished loading. But since Nbeula work fine in the most other host other than Steinberg soft, Ive not bothered with it too much yet.
Hmmmm, this sounds a little bit like this has to do with the hosts... So I checked it in the three other host softwares I have: Ableton Live,Audio Hijack Pro and in Numerology 3 Pro. Numerology hosts only au effects and it works flawlessly. In Audio Hijack Pro it's interesting because the Audio Unit FX works whereas the Nebula vst does not load at all. But most interestingly, in Ableton Live bot the Nebula Audio Unit and VST Plugin work!! Well I'm curious what the developers say to this.
Hallo Michelle. Don't try to understand all Nebula world in a day, is a very flexible open tool but at the same time complex. Seems that is a issue related with lasted OSX version, Cubase/Wavelab and Nebula3 PRO.
Hallo, giancarlo. I was running two OSX versions of Nebula. First Nebula3 OSX 1.3.451 VST AU and then I upgraded to Nebula3 OSX 1.3.465 VST/AU. Both versions have been working in my Logic 9.1 on my MacBok Pro with 10.5.8 (latest Leopard, not latest Snow Leopard) and neither version has been working in Cubase 5.1 and Wavelab 7.00 on the same system.
I'll try to send you a bug report. Hope this works out for my Mac system.