Login

Authorisation on Intel Mac

Tips & tricks, working results, technical support

Authorisation on Intel Mac

Postby CHIPPERS » Sun Feb 20, 2011 1:51 pm

Hi,

I wonder, could anyone offer a hand of help, I've just bought a copy of Nebula Pro and I'm a little lost as to go about authorising my copy on my Mac.

I'm unable to find where this *.ser authorization file on my machine, I've searched for it, but, alas, to no avail.

Do I have to follow this auth procedure on a Mac? Any halp offered would be hugely appreciated at this end :D

Many thanks in advance,

Tony.
CHIPPERS
User Level 0
User Level 0

Re: Authorisation on Intel Mac

Postby young.baws » Sun Feb 20, 2011 6:25 pm

Hi,

Your .ser file is located in:

HD/Library/Audio/Presets/AcusticaAudio/Nebula3/

Then you just have to upload it on the server.

you will receive 2 files (check your email) named:

Init.P2P --> place this one in "programs" folder
Init.N2V --> place this one in "vectors" folder

Then you can download your libraries in your user area.
Without the 2 new files you cannot use them.

Have a nice one,

Nate
young.baws
User Level III
User Level III

Postby CHIPPERS » Sun Feb 20, 2011 11:24 pm

Thank you for your help, many, many thanks :mrgreen:

If there are any devs on here, could you please add a ''read me'' file to the Mac installer as it would save a lot of people a headache as there are currently zero installation instructions for us Mac users ...
CHIPPERS
User Level 0
User Level 0

Postby enriquesilveti » Mon Feb 21, 2011 11:48 am

We expend some time writing a web Nebula FAQ, here http://www.acustica-audio.com/forum/ind ... =viewtopic. We will adding some new Q/A ASAP.

Q.4.3 When I load Nebula there are no emulation presets parameters, only an init. What's wrong?
You didn't download and install any emulation presets or, if you have downloaded and installed the emulation presets in a different folder to your Nebula folder. Navigate to your VST plugin folder you will find a folder named "Acustica", inside this folder you will see two .XML files. Those file are Nebula MAST page settings. Right click on the file, and click on edit. You should see the below text:

<DATAPATH> C:\nebulatemprepository\ </DATAPATH>
<PROGRAMSUBPATH> Programs/ </PROGRAMSUBPATH>
<VECTORSUBPATH> Vectors/ </VECTORSUBPATH>
<SETUPSUBPATH> Setups/ </SETUPSUBPATH>

As you can see, the emulation presets (N2P and N2V files, stored in programs and vectors respectively) are in C:\nebulatemprepository\ (PC). On a Mac, it is located in HD/library/audio/presets/acustica audio/nebula. Check if Nebula is searching for your emulation preset in the right folder on your hard drive by referring to this file.
Enrique Silveti.
Acustica Audio customer and technical support.

MBP 11.5 (i7-4870 | 16 GB | 512 SDD)
SP4 (i5-6300 | 8 GB | 256 SDD)
UFX | Lyra2 | USBPre2
VM U15 | VM Win10 | VM OSX 10.12
N4/NAT4 | SPX3 | RX5 | LN2C | Smaart8 | R5 | PT12 | PX10 | NIK5
enriquesilveti
Expert
Expert

Postby CHIPPERS » Tue Feb 22, 2011 12:22 am

@enriquesilveti

I did actually find where Nebula's presets were before anyone answered my question by having a dig about on my HD. The whole process was pretty long winded to say the least (I hope you don't think I'm moaning, just being honest) which was something I've not been used to via other 3rd party devs out there.

Many, many 3rd party devs add a simple 'read me' file to their plugins if there's any reason to dig around your hard drive if the authorisation procedure isn't say, the normal challenge and response or, ILok type authorisation. Just a simple 'read me' installation file added to the bundle would save people like me having to ask the questions that I have already and, in the process not waste your valuable time by having to answer such questions ;)
CHIPPERS
User Level 0
User Level 0

Postby enriquesilveti » Tue Feb 22, 2011 10:51 am

Yes, we know, but we prefer to add a link to a specific forum URL that we can update quickly. I have a lot of documentation work for do, especially into .SER/KEY topics. Thanks you for you advice.
Enrique Silveti.
Acustica Audio customer and technical support.

MBP 11.5 (i7-4870 | 16 GB | 512 SDD)
SP4 (i5-6300 | 8 GB | 256 SDD)
UFX | Lyra2 | USBPre2
VM U15 | VM Win10 | VM OSX 10.12
N4/NAT4 | SPX3 | RX5 | LN2C | Smaart8 | R5 | PT12 | PX10 | NIK5
enriquesilveti
Expert
Expert

Return to Working with Nebula