Login

'Next Program' button?

Tips & tricks, working results, technical support

'Next Program' button?

Postby SWAN » Fri Jun 01, 2012 12:49 am

With some of these huge libraries - is it possible to press a button to go to the next program?

It is really trying when you select a program - then need the next one and have to navigate all the way back thru a bunch of menus to get there...
Mac Mini i7 quad 2.6

Logic X
Live 9
Reaper
SWAN
Expert
Expert

Re: 'Next Program' button?

Postby Mplay » Fri Jun 01, 2012 1:13 am

Would be very useful. We do have the 'last folder' option at the top of the menu. It isn't that usefull if theres a lot of folders, although you can re-arange that with Nat.

lol, we both have 200 posts, how small chance is that :D
Mplay

Postby Cupwise » Fri Jun 01, 2012 11:08 pm

as mplay mentions, using NAT to re-organize stuff is really something you would need to learn at some point if you ever wanted to take a step towards being a nebula 'power user'. it's just like using a computer where knowing how to organize files yourself on your hard drive makes you more able to do things efficiently (except when microsoft randomly changes things about windows explorer or just outright cripples functions for no apparent reason).

i think the next program thing wouldn't be as useful as you might think in the long run. consider a set of programs that has multiple kernel versions for each. so you are going to slowly cycle between every one, including multiple duplicates? once you get somewhat familiar with a set you wouldn't need 'next program', so you would probably only use it when you got a new set, and even then 'last folder' would be quicker because of dupes.

i think last folder and using NAT to organize is your best, quickest way to find what you want, and to become more organized to help you save more time in the future also.
Cupwise
Expert
Expert

Postby mathias » Fri Jun 01, 2012 11:46 pm

when you remember the program-number, you can click on the number at the right top of the programname and then type a number of a program.
you just need to make a habit of remembering the programnumbers in the menu of programs.
good braingymn and very fast ;)

mathias
system 1: windows 8 32 bit - samplitude prox/x3, tracktion6/7, reaper
system 2: mac osx yosemite - reaper(32+64bit), tracktion6/7(32+64bit)

both systems on: macbook pro (late 2009), core 2 duo 3,06 ghz, 4 gb ram, graphic: nvidia geforce 9600M GT 512 MB
mathias
Expert
Expert

Postby Martinez » Fri Jun 01, 2012 11:50 pm

Hey cupwise, i might look into that nat thing you just mentioned.

Another thing that could possibly make things a bit easier would be a search function like the one in Nebulaman.

Type in a word and up it comes.

Very handy!
Martinez

Postby Martinez » Fri Jun 01, 2012 11:57 pm

Oh ok, it looks like server doesn't come with nat, so I won't be trying that sollution.
Martinez

Postby faun2500 » Sun Jun 03, 2012 10:19 am

We be wantin dis for timezzz...
Forthcoming releases on: Black Heart Label, Hyperdrive and Transfixion. http://soundcloud.com/100mg. 6 FREE Downloads on my soundcloud page. Nebula ALL over these trax!
faun2500
Vip Member
Vip Member

Return to Working with Nebula