Login

New version 1.3.464 with Browser!

Tips & tricks, working results, technical support

Re: New version 1.3.464 with Browser!

Postby giancarlo » Sat Feb 12, 2011 10:39 am

I listen, but I need something coherent with the new workflow. Imho it works pretty well, I'm using nebula daily and it improved my life a lot. I'm trying to improve the workflow for nebula server/local server right now
giancarlo
Founder
Founder

Postby meloco » Sat Feb 12, 2011 11:32 am

Works gr8 for me too!
meloco
User Level VII
User Level VII

Postby marcpl » Mon Feb 14, 2011 4:27 pm

i just can't say enough about how the browser improves workflow. great job!

please keep the improvements coming.
so what's next? what do we have to look forward to?

thanks,
marco
marcpl
User Level X
User Level X

Postby sneaky » Tue Feb 15, 2011 11:41 pm

Excellent.
sneaky

Postby anthonyw » Wed Feb 16, 2011 10:07 am

It's awesome, thank you!
anthonyw
User Level VII
User Level VII

Postby giancarlo » Wed Feb 16, 2011 10:41 am

marcpl wrote:i just can't say enough about how the browser improves workflow. great job!

please keep the improvements coming.
so what's next? what do we have to look forward to?

thanks,
marco

I'm trying to make the local server version as much easy as possible. On the other side we'll simplify the nebula interface again and again moving a lot of things to popup menus or removing them. I want to remove MIDI page (moving to a right-click popup menu directly on controls) and DISK page completely. Btw: is the "load library" feature implemented in DISK page useful to anyone? Because I think it's not.
giancarlo
Founder
Founder

Postby marcpl » Wed Feb 16, 2011 1:29 pm

giancarlo, thanks for the info. i personally don't use the 'load library' feature.

2011 is gonna be a great year for nebula. keep up the great work giancarlo.

marco
marcpl
User Level X
User Level X

Postby highvoltage » Wed Feb 16, 2011 2:12 pm

after putting this new nebula browser to work, i have to say my workflow is 3 times slower. I miss the List page so much on quite a few occasions.

Its really frustrating that you cannot go to an upper level from the 'last' page, and i constantly have to click 3-4 times if i want to try different tapes for example. With the list view, i could go in a SUB category, and come out easily, while always having the programs listed.
So its not really a "browser" in this form.

Plus if i close the nebula editor window, and re-open it, the "Last used" menu gets empty.. :cry:
another +4 clicks
highvoltage

Postby ezod » Wed Feb 16, 2011 3:29 pm

highvoltage wrote:With the list view, i could go in a SUB category, and come out easily, while always having the programs listed.

exactly. list page kept you where you were going and you could see everything where you were in the category.

highvoltage wrote:So its not really a "browser" in this form.

new "browser": many programs fold out that i have no interest in. have to dropdown to get anywhere and to go back where i want to be.
ezod
User Level 0
User Level 0

Postby giancarlo » Wed Feb 16, 2011 3:31 pm

well, you can't have all functionalities using a popup menu, this is obvious. Even "last menu" feature is just a workaround... but here the question: almost all other products are based on similar popup menus (and often they are even worse); nebula was considered "convoluted" especially cause the preset browser...
Finally you have long category names, it behaves like other acclamed products, I don't see we should get the old browser back. It works in my opinion, like many other products you have this cool popup menu and you simply select a preset. That nebula "lcd" will disappear, so just accept it. When apple introduces a new notebook and removes the cd/dvd player unit, a lot of users complain "I was using it, please give it me bacccckkk!", but removing it they save space, product is lighter, they force everyone to usb keys... this obviously is not the best workflow for ALL users, but is good for ALMOST all users ;) and it is good for other developments... That menu will be used in all our new products....
giancarlo
Founder
Founder

PreviousNext

Return to Working with Nebula