Login

New version 1.3.464 with Browser!

Tips & tricks, working results, technical support

Re: New version 1.3.464 with Browser!

Postby mathias » Fri Feb 11, 2011 7:38 pm

maybe it is possible, to make the new browser accessible from somewhere else, than the program name??

so one can go to the browser, from whatever page he/she is in nebula, at the moment.

mathias
system 1: windows 8 32 bit - samplitude prox, tracktion6, reaper
system 2: mac osx yosemite - reaper(32+64bit), tracktion6(32+64bit)

both systems on: macbook pro (late 2009), core 2 duo 3,06 ghz, 4 gb ram, graphic: nvidia geforce 9600M GT 512 MB
mathias
Expert
Expert

Postby giancarlo » Fri Feb 11, 2011 9:58 pm

it would be confusing... and kern page will disappear sooner or later, or it will be a simplified popup dialog. I know that many of you are abusing current settings, but it's not the cool trend introduced by apple I like so much. Less features, obvious workflow, everything easy to remember or learn
giancarlo
Founder
Founder

Postby burnsound » Fri Feb 11, 2011 11:49 pm

Ok, it looks like you are considering requests so...

I really like the new menu browser. WAY better, obviously.

But I do kind of miss that once you were in a category (even if it took a while to get there), you had all the programs displayed on screen, and it only took a single mouse movement and click to change a program within the same category.

You've kind of got this covered with the LAST function, but it is actually more work to STAY within a category (than it used to be) when you are changing programs within that same category. And I miss being able to see all the programs within a category, before I make a mouse movement.

Nitpicky? Yeah, maybe. I feel kind of bad about mentioning this, because there are probably way more pressing matters, and the new menu browser is such a big step forward. But it kind of feels like 10 steps forward, but 1 step backward in losing the display of programs within the currently selected category.

Maybe you could make it so that the programs within a currently selected category are displayed onscreen, and selectable from the screen, again, and have the new menu browser?
burnsound
User Level VIII
User Level VIII

Postby futur2 » Sat Feb 12, 2011 12:10 am

burnsound wrote:Ok, it looks like you are considering requests so...

I really like the new menu browser. WAY better, obviously.

But I do kind of miss that once you were in a category (even if it took a while to get there), you had all the programs displayed on screen, and it only took a single mouse movement and click to change a program within the same category.

You've kind of got this covered with the LAST function, but it is actually more work to STAY within a category (than it used to be) when you are changing programs within that same category. And I miss being able to see all the programs within a category, before I make a mouse movement.

Nitpicky? Yeah, maybe. I feel kind of bad about mentioning this, because there are probably way more pressing matters, and the new menu browser is such a big step forward. But it kind of feels like 10 steps forward, but 1 step backward in losing the display of programs within the currently selected category.

Maybe you could make it so that the programs within a currently selected category are displayed onscreen, and selectable from the screen, again, and have the new menu browser?

good post, +x

burnsound wrote:Ok, it looks like you are considering requests so...

doesn't look like that to me :mrgreen:
Last edited by futur2 on Sat Feb 12, 2011 2:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
futur2

Postby ezod » Sat Feb 12, 2011 12:19 am

delete
Last edited by ezod on Sun Feb 13, 2011 5:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ezod
User Level 0
User Level 0

Postby giancarlo » Sat Feb 12, 2011 12:34 am

what's missing in prog page, sorry? R2R what?
giancarlo
Founder
Founder

Postby mathias » Sat Feb 12, 2011 12:40 am

the number of the program is stated directly in the upper right corner of the program-name on the prog-page!! if you click on the number you can type another number directly from the keyboard.
never realized this ;) ?

mathias
system 1: windows 8 32 bit - samplitude prox, tracktion6, reaper
system 2: mac osx yosemite - reaper(32+64bit), tracktion6(32+64bit)

both systems on: macbook pro (late 2009), core 2 duo 3,06 ghz, 4 gb ram, graphic: nvidia geforce 9600M GT 512 MB
mathias
Expert
Expert

Postby ezod » Sat Feb 12, 2011 4:38 am

mathias wrote:the number of the program is stated directly in the upper right corner of the program-name on the prog-page!! if you click on the number you can type another number directly from the keyboard.
never realized this ;) ?

mathias

Thanks! No, I never did realize this, um duh. I'm still on Core 2 Duo so most of my number hunting was when I was using the batch renderer. Once Reaper included the batch renderer I no longer needed those. I only today started realizing I needed the three numbers when browsing the newly dropping down menu categories as they obscured the current program name. And am I incorrect that the suffix of R2R progs is not on the prog page? I missed the significant little numbers so I probably missed that too.

I have no doubt the new browser is superior and I will learn to deal without the list view eventually. I'm not bitching, just unused to the lack of list view. I was overdubbing and mixing a project for someone today and just reverted back because I did not want to subject THEM to my workflow learning curve...
ezod
User Level 0
User Level 0

Postby elam » Sat Feb 12, 2011 4:46 am

told you Giancarlo ...
Whatever if it's for the good cause (I'm serious here) bend your work flow folks ...
elam
Vip Member
Vip Member

Postby ezod » Sat Feb 12, 2011 4:49 am

giancarlo wrote:what's missing in prog page, sorry? R2R what?

Nothing sir, my brain is missing! Please ignore...
ezod
User Level 0
User Level 0

PreviousNext

Return to Working with Nebula