Login

INPUT/OUTPUT link

Tips & tricks, working results, technical support

INPUT/OUTPUT link

Postby elam » Sun Feb 06, 2011 6:03 pm

"what would be AMAZING, and i am sure would take about 5 seconds to code :), would be if you could shift/ctrl or alt click the input in nebula and when changing the value the output went in the opposite direction. then you would not need 2 instances "

I don't know if it would take 5 second to code and how hard it is to implement.But it would be a major improvement. It seems that a lot of users talk about this directly or indirectly.What I mean here is when you turn the input in one direction, the output doing the same in the opposite way, by the exact same amount.

So before adding a feature request.What do you think y'all ? Is anybody interested ?
elam
Vip Member
Vip Member

Re: INPUT/OUTPUT link

Postby Renan L.B » Sun Feb 06, 2011 7:20 pm

I already created a "FR thread" (i stated it was more of an idea than an FR to see if more people were interested) ages ago on this here http://www.acustica-audio.com/forum/ind ... =viewtopic but looks like the devs were focused in other things at the time. I still miss/need this a lot!
Renan L.B
User Level II
User Level II

Postby giancarlo » Sun Feb 06, 2011 8:12 pm

we can't do it since input/output knobs could be tuned on different ranges (specified in loaded skin). So we should ask to the plug-in which is the range,and change it back accordingly. Other trouble, knobs we are based on vstgui, with a particular action linked to ctrl (the control resets to middle position). I'm not sure about the result too. It would be so much better a different template with a specific control on input gain, compensated by output gain. I didn't receive requests from developers yet (and at the moment I'm pretty slow when they request a new template)
giancarlo
Founder
Founder

Postby fuseburn » Sun Feb 06, 2011 8:28 pm

Reaper can do exactly that right now. Just link the Output gain from Input gain and set offset and scale faders both to -100%. However it doesn't work that well - no constant volume.

What works absolutely brilliant is BlueCatAudios Stereo Gain (Freeware). One instance before, one after nebula, link them to group A, set first to "inverse" and move the fader. Brilliant to find out the sweet spot of a program.
fuseburn
User Level X
User Level X

Postby Mplay » Sun Feb 06, 2011 9:07 pm

Thanks for the heads up, I'll give this a try!. I've tried the reaper modulation but it didn't give me stable volume either
Mplay

Postby Renan L.B » Sun Feb 06, 2011 9:26 pm

Thanks Giancarlo for the clarification and thanks fuseburn for the Reaper / Blue Cat tips.

I think the parameter linking function in Reaper could be updated/improved in order for this to work but i don't feel like bothering Justin\Schwa\Christophe right now with this FR they are already too busy with the frequent Alpha updates twice a week.

Seems like the best for now is to create a FX Chain on Reaper (or you DAW of choice) with two linked instances of Blue Cat Stereo Gain + Nebula in the middle with Init preset ready to go. Will give it a try thanks :)
Renan L.B
User Level II
User Level II

Postby elam » Sun Feb 06, 2011 9:29 pm

I'm using Reaper right now to do this (thanks Mercado) and freeG instead of the JS volume plug.And it's OK.It would have been better to have that directly in Nebula, just to save 2 FX slots and a little time.

I tough too, that it was simple to implement but visibly no...

Giancarlo wrote:I didn't receive requests from developers yet (and at the moment I'm pretty slow when they request a new template)

1- Giancarlo, I'm confuse, is it totally impossible or hard and doable if developers help you on this ?
2- With the upcoming of iDesk and customizable GUI,can you add like an "universal" way to do it to all futur skins ? (I dunno if I'm clear here ?)
elam
Vip Member
Vip Member

Postby Renan L.B » Sun Feb 06, 2011 9:46 pm

elam wrote:It would have been better to have that directly in Nebula, just to save 2 FX slots and a little time.

I don't know if you're on Mac or a PC but i would suggest you use an FX Chainer plugin and inside this Chainer you setup your FreeG + Nebula instances accordingly and save that as an FX Chain on Reaper. Now you only have one instance in your FX Slots ;) i don't like the extra clutter / instances myself too i always try to keep things fast and simple. I know this won't make much of a difference in the extra mouse clicks but at least helps on the visual\confort side of things.

EDIT: Preferably an FX Chainer which has Plugin Delay Compensation to properly support Nebula.
Renan L.B
User Level II
User Level II

Postby zaminx » Sun Feb 06, 2011 9:50 pm

Bluecat do a free gain suite plugin that can link one isntances output to another so when you drive the input on one the other goes down.
zaminx
User Level XI
User Level XI

Postby elam » Sun Feb 06, 2011 11:09 pm

That's a good idea Renan.Thx.

zaminx wrote:Bluecat do a free gain suite plugin that can link one isntances output to another so when you drive the input on one the other goes down.

Yeah, aware of that, read above.Thx.
elam
Vip Member
Vip Member

Return to Working with Nebula