Login

CUDA F.A.Q.

General news about Nebula releases

CUDA F.A.Q.

Postby enriquesilveti » Thu Aug 19, 2010 9:03 pm

What is CUDA?
CUDA is NVdia’s parallel computing architecture that enables dramatic increases in computing performance by harnessing the power of the GPU (graphics processing unit). With millions of CUDA-enabled GPUs sold to date, software developers, scientists and researchers are finding broad-ranging uses for CUDA, including image, video and sound processing, computational biology and chemistry, fluid dynamics simulation, CT image reconstruction, seismic analysis, ray tracing, and much more.

Acustica Audio support CUDA?
Acustica Audio is supporting CUDA from version 2.30 with the commercial version of Nebula Reverb. If you are a customer there is a proper thread called AA CUDA Bridge upgrades (updated cuda 4.0 WIN/MAC).

What I should do for run Nebula under CUDA?
1. Have a CUDA GPU.
2. Install a CUDA enable GPU driver and CUDA Toolkit version 4.00 (PC/MAC CUDA toolkit v 4.17).
3. Install Acustica Audio CUDA Bridge version 1.1.038 for PC or version 1.1.037 for MAC.
4. Copy the "Nebula3 Reverb.dll" file and rename it "Nebula3 CUDA.dll" or choose a name that you like.
5. Copy the "Nebula3 Reverb.xml" and rename it as above (e.g. "Nebula3 CUDA.xml")
6. Load Nebula3 CUDA and go to the MAST page and set the FREQD to mode 15 (CUDA 2ch Mono), then click in SAVE.

Now Nebula CUDA version will process reverbs on your GPU, rather than your host CPU.

Where I can find a list of CUDA enable GPUs CUDA GPUs?
[i]Here > http://www.nvidia.com/object/cuda_gpus.html

Where I can find a CUDA enable GPU driver
Here > http://developer.nvidia.com/cuda-downloads

Where I can find Acustica Audio CUDA Bridge version 1.1.038 and 1.1.037?
Here > AA CUDA Bridge upgrades (updated cuda 4.0 WIN/MAC): viewtopic.php?f=10&t=44&start=0
enriquesilveti
Expert
Expert

Return to Announcements