Login

Nebula F.A.Q.

General news about Nebula releases

Nebula F.A.Q.

Postby enriquesilveti » Sun Aug 01, 2010 9:05 pm

Nebula F.A.Q.
Applicable to:
Product(s): Nebula3 FREE, Nebula3, Nebula3 Pro, Nebula3 Server.
OS(s): Windows, OSX.
Plug-in format(s): VST, AU, AAX.
Plug-in architecture(s): 32 bits, 64 bits.
Last update: 13.12.2015.

1. GENERA INFORMATION
Q.1.1. What is Nebula?
R: Nebula is a multi effect processor that emulates the character and personality of analog hardware with exacting accuracy. Whether it is high end outboard equalizers, classic compressors, the latest reverbs, or vintage time-variant effects like phasers and flangers, Nebula has them all. With over 400 included presets, you'll be adding the warmth of analog to your digital mixes in no time at all. In addition to the included presets, customers can also enjoy the benefits of a huge collection of premium quality program libraries created especially for Nebula by certified 3rd party developers.
Acustica Audio Nebula product lineup is divided in three main categories: Nebula Commercial, Nebula Free and Tools.
You will find more information about Nebula line up in comparison table:
Nebula Commercial and Free Bundle Feature Comparison

Q.1.2. What is Nebula3 bundle?
R: The Nebula3 Bundle includes the Nebula3 Plug-In and the N.A.T.2 Sampler. Nebula3 is the Standard version of the plug-in and provides excellent performance. It is the ideal choice for users who wish to explore the capabilities of the technology and the huge commercial preset library. It only supports the Windows 32 bits architecture only. If you like what you hear, just upgrade to Nebula3 Pro to unlock the full potential - the upgrade is easy and affordable!
With the Nebula3 Bundle customers have instant access to a huge preset library, and can purchase additional Premium libraries from certified 3rd party developers. To use the most advanced compressor presets, you will need to upgrade to Nebula 3 Pro.
Also included with the Nebula3 Bundle is the N.A.T.2 Sampler: It shares many of the advanced features of N.A.T.3, but without "Multi" program capabilities or support for future advanced compressor creation.

Q.1.3. What is Nebula3 Pro Bundle?
R: The Nebula3 Pro Bundle includes the Nebula3 Pro Plug-In and the N.A.T.3 Sampler. Nebula3 Pro is our advanced plug-in version that provides the best performance, including an improved user-interface work flow (advanced window display) and the fastest processing engine. Support Windows and OSX 32 and 64 bits architectures, also includes unlimited free updates, unmatched user support, and provides the most advanced technology for compression presets. With the Nebula3 Pro Bundle, customers have instant access to a huge preset library and can purchase additional Premium libraries from Certified 3rd Party Developers. Also included with the Nebula3 Pro Bundle is the N.A.T.3 Sampler, the most advanced Nebula preset creation tool.

Q.1.4. What is Nebula3 Server Ultimate Bundle?
R: The Nebula3 Server Bundle includes the Nebula3 Server plug-in, the N.A.T.3 Sampler and Nebula Server stand alone application. Nebula3 Server is our most advanced plug-in. It provides the best performance, including an improved user-interface work flow (advanced window display) and the fastest processing engine using cached vectorial engine, shared memory optimizations and multi-load feature bundle in the new audio core called Acqua CORE6. Support Windows and OSX 32 and 64 bits architectures, and also includes unlimited free updates, unmatched user support, and provides the most advanced technology for compression presets. With the Nebula3 Server Bundle, customers have instant access to a huge preset library and can purchase additional Premium libraries from Certified 3rd Party Developers. Nebula3 Server Bundle included N.A.T.3 Sampler, the most advanced Nebula preset creation tool and Nebula Server stand alone application that can be used as x86/x64 architecture bridge or as a LAN server/client effect network.

Q.1.5. What is Nebula3 FREE?
R: The Nebula3 Free Bundle includes the Nebula3 Free Plug-In and the N.A.T.3 Free Sampler. Nebula3 Free is the perfect way for users to become familiar with the amazing sound that can be achieved using this technology. Nebula3 Free includes a small, fully-functional preset library. It shares the same advanced engine as Nebula3 Server. but it is not compatible with Nebula's huge preset library or commercial libraries from 3rd party developers.

Q.1.6. What is NAT?
R: N.A.T. (Native Application Tools) is a revolutionary professional smart sampler tool capable of sampling nearly all forms of audio effects processors. The concept of sampling used to be limited to sounds. With N.A.T. you can sample software or hardware, analog or digital, combining various unique convolution techniques (linear, non-linear, and time variant). N.A.T. is able to replicate the original sonic behavior of vintage units like pre-amps, equalizers, tape devices, guitar and bass amplifiers, reverbs, microphones, cabinets and any time variant device like chorus, flanger, tremolo, phaser, Leslie cabinets, and more. NAT has an intuitive offline mode, so software sampling is possible as well. Editing and further processing of sampled sources are immediately available within the Nebula Engine. Proprietary sample programs can be encrypted directly within the N.A.T. avoiding the need for extensive coding protection.

. Dynamic Preamps Models Sampling
. Dynamic Reverbs Models Sampling
. Multi Dimension Models Sampling
. Time Variant Models Sampling
. Dynamic Range Models Sampling
. Session template approach
. 32 and 64 bits float emulation creation
. SMOOTH & STONE features
. Vector SYNCs feature
. Vector compression feature
. Offline SRC feature
. Emulation preset patch and edit

Q.1.7. What is Nebula Server?
R: Nebula Server is a standard alone application compatible with PC and MAC and enable to use Nebula in a TCP/IP network for sharing resources among different audio workstations. Nebula Server also can be used as a local server or bridge mode for execute Nebula x64 inside a x86 sequencer.

Q.1.8. What is Nebula Man?
R: NebulaMan is a standalone application for processing (previewing/rendering) audio material with the excellent Acustica Audio Nebula processor. It runs on Windows and Mac compatible computers.
NebulaMan introduces many new advanced features for Nebula users as project pool, direct access to the Nebula parameters, background rendering, cross platform compatibility and many more.

Q.1.9. What is Nebula Setups?
R: Nebula Setups is a standalone application tool for making a customized versions of Nebula plug-in, called setups. For each setup, desired Nebula programs and skin can be selected. In addition to the powerful features like setup tracking, setups manager, tweaks etc.

Q.1.10. Which are the differences between Nebula Acqua audio cores?
R: Nebula Acqua audio cores are part of the Acqua Engine is the core of Nebula and Acqua Effects developed as a single framework.
Nebula3 is CORE2. Nebula3 Pro is CORE4. Nebula3 FREE is CORE5 and Nebula3 Server is CORE6.
Nebula Acqua core is constantly updated whenever possible for all products for free and also trying to keep the maximum downward compatibility.

Q 1.11 Which are the differences between Cross Platform Commercial Library, FREE demo libraries and Community Releases libraries?
R: Acustica Audio Cross Platform Commercial Library will work only in commercial version of Nebula. Free demo libraries will in any Nebula including Nebula3 FREE. Community Releases libraries are free libraries but also will work only in commercial version of Nebula.

Q 1.12 What should I do if I need support with Acustica Audio software?
R: We recommend to contact us from Customer Area, Dashboard, Submit a Ticket. We have 3 different support areas: sales, licensing and technical support. All submitted tickets have tracking number and can be assigned between departments to solve complex request.
We not recommend to contact us through email, we receive hundred of emails daily and we can track them properly.
If you don't have account in our website you can contact us through our website in Contact, Info.

Q 1.13. I'm trying to submit a technical support ticket but I get a "Bad behavior" message. What is wrong?
R: Ticket system not allow to add programming code (HTML, XML, etc). Please copy/paste the programming code in a text file, compress in .ZIP an attach it in the technical support ticket.

2. PURCHASE QUESTIONS
Q 2.1. Should I do something before purchase in Acustica Audio web shop?
R: Before purchase a product in our web shop you should have an registered account in Acustica Audio and we recommend to register with same email from your PayPal email account.

Q 2.2. I purchase Nebula, what should I do next?
R: First download setup installer and install your Nebula product. Run Nebula once and authorize it. In order to unlock Nebula you should install your license.
You will find more detailed information in Board, Nebula, Announcements and in Five steps for put on Nebula topic.

Q 2.3. How to buy an upgrade from Nebula3 to Nebula3 Pro or Nebula3 Server?
R: From Acustica Audio website go to Store, Nebula, Upgrades.

Q 2.4 After purchase Nebula not appears in Dashboard, My Products - Downloads section. What should I do?
R: Submit ticket to sales department from Customer Area, Dashboard, Get Support.

Q 2.5 Do you have a license transfer policy?
R: Yes, Submit ticket to sales department from Customer Area, Dashboard, Get Support.

Q 2.6. Do you have a refund policy?
R: Yes follow this link: http://www.acustica-audio.com/index.php ... Itemid=315. If you have further questions submit ticket to sales department from Customer Area, Dashboard, Get Support.

Q 2.7. There is any educational discount for students and/or teachers?
R: Yes. Go Store, Specials, Education. If you have further questions submit ticket to sales department from Customer Area, Dashboard, Get Support.

Q 2.8. It is posible to get an invoice of my purchase.?
R: Yes we are able to send invoices in B2C and B2B mode following the UE MOSS recommendations. If you need a B2C invoices, we recommend you to add your complete information in the checkout step before confirm the order. If you need a B2B (UE/VIES) invoice, please, contact us, before buy to setup your B2B invoice with the correct information. Note that your Acustica Audio Dashboard information should match with the information submitted for the invoice.

3. DOWNLOAD QUESTIONS
Q 3.1. I get errors in download link. What should I do?
R: Downloads are supplied by our cloud partner box.com. You can check system status in status.box.com. Box.com need your web browser have enabled cookies and Adobe Flash. If box.com cookie has expired, go first www.box.com and accept cookies.

Q 3.2. Where I can find free demo libraries for download?
R: Go to Board index, Nebula, Announcements.

Q 3.3. I tried to download my product but I get a 403 error message. What is wrong?
R: Dashboard and forums are two different websites but you get logged in both at the same time. After several minutes without no browser update you are logged out due a timeout. Logout and login again to download your product from Dashboard.

Q 3.4. I'm trying to log-in in my Dashboard in order to download new installers but I get an error "Bad Token". What is wrong?
R: PHP boards and Joomla adds security tokens to forms. The security tokens keep sites safe from most Cross Site Request Forgery attacks. When a page is accessed, if the token is not current, the error occurs. Unfortunately, often times false negatives occur for legitimate users due a incorrect previous log-out.

4. INSTALLATION QUESTIONS
Q 4.1. How to install Nebula?
R: Follow How to install, upgrade and uninstall Nebula guide in Board index, Nebula, Announcements.

Q 4.2. How to update or upgrade Nebula?
R: Follow How to install, upgrade and uninstall Nebula guide in Board index, Nebula, Announcements.

Q 4.3. How to uninstall Nebula?

Q 4.4. I tried to install Nebula several time but I get an error?
R: Download the installer (setup or update) again and do not resume or sleep computer during download.

Q 4.5. Is Nebula compatible with 32 bits OSs like Windows XP or OSX 10.6/10.7?
R: Nebula3 is compatible with Windows and 32 bits architecture only. Nebula3 FREE, Nebula3 Pro, Nebula3 Server are compatible with Windows and OSX, 32 and 64 bits architectures. Legacy OS like Windows XP or OSX 10.6/10.7 should be installed in legacy mode.

Q 4.6. What is VSTGUI3 and VSTGUI4 UI framework?
R: VSTGUI is an UI framework. Acustica Audio products are available in both framework in order to keep compatibility with legacy OSs like Windows XP or OSX 10.6/10.7. As factory default VSTGUI4 is installed but installer has an option to install VSTGUI3 instead of VSTGUI4 UI Framework.

Q 4.7. After reinstall Nebula fail to boot. What is wrong?
R: It depends several reasons. Check installation path(s) and reinstall your license first. If you need more assistance contact technical support thought a support ticket from Customer Area, Dashboard, Get Support.

Q 4.8. After update, Nebula not boot anymore, stop at number 3 ROM MEMORY Ko: rom descriptor not found (rom.xml). What is wrong?
R: Nebula can not find rom.xml. Contact technical support thought a support ticket from Customer Area, Dashboard, Get Support.

Q 4.9. After install Nebula3 Pro and/or Nebula3 Server Nebula UI show Nebula3. Something is wrong?
R: Nebula3, Nebula3 Pro, Nebula3 Server and Nebula3 FREE share the same UI. To check the current running version and Acqua core go to MAST, VERSION.
If you need more assistance contact technical support thought a support ticket from Customer Area, Dashboard, Get Support.

Q 4.10. How to install libraries?
R: We provide OSX and Windows installer but libraries can be installed manually also. Paste *.N2V files in Vector folder and *.N2P files in Programs files.
Note that Windows allow non fixed installation paths.

Q 4.11. How to install NAT?
R: NAT is a 32 bits Windows only application. You must run Windows 32 bits setup for install NAT.

Q 4.12. Can you explain me how to install 32 and 64 bits VST builds with lasted Nebula3 Server setup?

R:
- Run 32 bits installer first, copy Acustica folder to a backup folder.
- Run 32 bits installer again, select uninstall.
- Run 64 bits installer.
- Move Acustica folder to your 32 bits VST plug-ins.

Note: select the same path for both plug-in support installation folder (NebulaTempRepository) for share resources between 32 and 64 builds.

Q 4.13. Can you explain the difference between AU legacy and AU (non legacy)?
R: OSX Nebula installers in AU format named as legacy are build using an old framework. Non legacy OSX Nebula AU installers use a new framework, JUCE to be specific.
Both AU files can coexist in 32 and 64 bits but they are not upward or downward compatible with old framework.

5. AUTHORIZATION QUESTIONS
Q 5.1. After run Nebula for first time, I can not find my computer ID or Nebula3.SER file. How can I fix it?
R: You are installing Nebula in a protected folder where your standard user account can not write Nebula.SER file in Nebula folder. As a workaround you can run your audio host with administrator privileges.
If you need more assistance contact technical support thought a support ticket from Customer Area, Dashboard, Get Support.

Q 5.2 I'm trying to upload my computer ID Nebula3.SER file into Dashboard but show "You have reached the maximum number (2 of 2) of license requests for the product class". How can I fix it?
R: Two authorizations are allowed per Nebula3 Pro and Nebula3 Server purchase. If you change your computer hardware, your computer ID will change and you will need and extra slot for authorize the new computer. Please request extra license slot(s) to licensing department though customer area, Dashboard, Get Support.

6. LICENSE QUESTIONS
Q 6.1. Automatic email with installation instructions and license has never reached. How can I fix it?
R: Check first spam folder if you still don't find it contact technical support thought a support ticket from Customer Area, Dashboard, Get Support.

Q 6.2. Should I request a new license when upgrading my computer or OS?
R: In Apple OSX devices computer ID wll be your Apple hardware serial number. In PC Windows devices computer ID will be generated depending on your hardware. Please read How to register and authorize Nebula topic in Board index, Nebula, Announcements.

Q 6.3. I have used both licenses available for my product and I have a new computer. How I can transfer one license from my old computer to new one?
R: Contact Licensing department thought a support ticket from Customer Area, Dashboard, Get Support.

Q 6.4. Will I be able to use one license of Nebula on my laptop and the other in my desktop computer?
R: Yes. You need to create each computer ID, upload in your Dashboard for authorize. To unlock Nebula you must to install your license in each computer.
Please read How to register and authorize Nebula topic in Board index, Nebula, Announcements.

Q 6.5. Can you tell me the correct path for install my license?
R:
License file in OSX:
Names and extensions: INIT.N2V and INIT.N2P.
Paths: Mac HD/Library/Audio/Presets/AcusticaAudio/Nebula3/Vectors/ for INIT.N2V, and Mac HD/Library/Audio/Presets/AcusticaAudio/Nebula3/Programs/ for INIT.N2P.

License file in windows:
Names and extensions: INIT.N2V and INIT.N2P.
Path: C:\ProgramData\AcusticaAudio\NebulaTempRepository\Vectors\ for INIT.N2V, and C:\ProgramData\AcusticaAudio\NebulaTempRepository\Programs\ for INIT.N2P (paths are not fixed).

7. USAGE QUESTION
Q 7.1. Can you tell me which OSs are supported?
R: Nebula is compatible with major 64 bits operating systems including OSX 10.8 to 10.10 and Windows Vista to Windows 8.1.
Legacy operating systems like OSX 10.6/7 and Windows XP are also support in 32 bits mode using VSTGUI3 UI framework.

Q 7.2. Can you tell me which format are supported by Nebula?
R: Nebula lineup is compatible with VST2 in Windows, and VST and Audio Units in OSX. AAX format for Pro Tools for Windows and OSX is under development.

Q 7.3. Can you tell me the minimum and recommended computer specs?
R:
Minimum computer requirements
CPU: Intel Sandy Bridge i5.
RAM: 4 GB.
SSD: 200 MB.
Screen Resolution: 1024x768 (XGA).
Plug-in format support: VST2 (Windows) and VST2/AU (OSX).

Recommended computer requirements
CPU: Intel Haswell i7 and Xeon.
RAM: 32 GB to 128 GB.
SSD: 10 GB to 100 GB.
Screen Resolution: 1920x1080 (HDTV) to 4096x3112 (4K).
Plug-in format support: VST2 (Windows) and VST2/AU (OSX).

Q 7.4. Where I can find a list of supported audio/video host?
R: Nebula3 Pro, Nebula3 Server and Nebula FREE support VST2 and AU formats in 32 and 64 architectures. Any audio and video host with those format and architectures should be supported.

Supported sequencer audio host: Ableton Live, Adobe Audition*, Audio Enginering Triumph, Apple Logic*, Avid Pro Tools*, Bitwig Bitwig Studio, Cakewalk Sonar*, Crockos Incorporated Reaper, DSP Quattro DSP Quattro, Image Line FL Studio, H******* Consoles Mix Bus, Presonus Studio One*, Tracktion Software Corporation Tracktion, Merging Technologies Pyramix, MOTU Digital Performer, Renoise Renoise, Ross Bencina Audio Mulch, RML Labs SAW*, Sonic Studio Sound Blade*, Steinberg Cubase and Nuendo, Magix Sequoia and Samplitude, Vienna Symphonic Library Viena Ensable Pro.
Supported audio editors host: Izotope RX, Sony Sound Forge*, Steinberg WaveLab*.
Supported video editors host: Avid Media Composer*, Apple Final Cut Pro, Magix Video Pro X and Sony Vegas*.

Note that host marked with (*) are partially supported. If you need a detail of features not supported on a specific host, please contact our technical support thought a support ticket from Customer Area, Dashboard, Get Support.

Q 7.5. Why are there 2 .DLL/.VST/.Componet files installed with Nebula plug-in?
R: It is the same plug-in build but duplicated with different name and two different master pages configuration that permits Nebula to be more efficient depending the type of emulation preset loaded.

Q 7.6. Nebula seems to be different from user manual. There is something wrong?
R: Acustica Audio constantly work on fix and new features for Nebula lineup. Some of this features are not described in the user manual and for that reason we release monthly the tip of the month here: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1346.

Q 7.7. Can explain me how to use Nebula on Pro Tools computer?
R: Nebula not support RTAS or AAX (yet) you will need a plug-in format adapter or a mini host that work as an adapter from VST2 to RTAS/AAX in Windows or VST2/AU to RTAS/AAX in OSX.

Q 7.8. There is available any guide for optimize Nebula MAST page?
R: Go Board index, Nebula, Announcements and read Nebula MAST page F.A.Q. topic.

Q 7.9. When I load Nebula there are no emulation presets parameters, only an INIT. What's wrong?
R: Click under INIT to deploy Nebula browser emulation preset list.

Q 7.10. After install Nebula, I try to run one instance and crash my sequencer immediately. I'm doing something wrong?
R: Check that your license is installed. Try first with a new session and try to load INIT emulation preset if INIT is loaded but other libraries still crash Nebula you should clean Nebula cache in order to force Nebula to rebuild it in next boot.

Q 7.11. Nebula is crashing randomly. There is something wrong in my Nebula setup?
R: Check that your license is installed. Try first with a new session and try to load INIT emulation preset if INIT is loaded but other libraries still crash Nebula you should clean Nebula cache in order to force Nebula to rebuild it in next boot.

Q 7.12. When I load a program sampled at 48000Hz into a 44100Hz project in my sequencer, on the PROG page I get "48000 -> 48000" with a blinking "<-" after it. I thought it should have been "48000 -> 44100". Do I have to make some adjustments?
R: Go to the MAST page, increase RATE CNV parameter to maximum and press SAVE. Exit and reload Nebula.

Q 7.13. What is liquidity?
R: Liquity is an interesting concept, and requires some understanding of the technology behind Nebula in order to appreciate what it controls. Simplistically speaking, liquidity, for which is a parameter which controls the way in which kernels are mixed together in the time domain and is implemented through Acustica Audio SMOOTH technology

The liquidty parameter controls the fades between kernels. High liquidity levels can bring out phase issues and too low liquidity levels can create little clicks or noise on some emulation presets. This is why there is a slider for it, so the user can adjust the values to fit their needs. Typically, keep the liquidity level low will result in a more realistic emulation of sampled equipment.

Q 7.14. What is the diference between use DRIVE and GDRIVE feature?
R: DRIVE will increase harmonics level but not the fundamental. GDRIVE will increase fundamental and harmonics level in same proportion in Nebula input and decrease it, in same value, in the output. You can consider GDRIVE an inverted mapped control of input and output in only one knob/fader.

Q 7.15. Does (internal and external) side chain feature will work in my audio host with Nebula?
R: Nebula is developed under VST 2.40 standard that enable two input for side chain but depending the particular implementation of side chain in each audio host can be limitations.

Q 7.16. Does Nebula VST x86 and x64 has different VST ID?
R: Yes. Read Nebula MAST page F.A.Q. for details.

Q 7.17. Running Nebula a pop-up a message asking about a file cudart64_40_17.dll missing. How I can fix it?
R: You have installed AA CUDA Bridge. There is no uninstaller, so you should uninstall manually. Make a search for a necubr*.dll file in you system and remove/delete the DLL file.

Q 7.18. Can I load Acqua Effect plug-ins emulation presets in Nebula?
R: Yes. You can do it in Nebula3 Pro and Nebula3 Server. Read The Nebula tip of the month (#51 - September 2014) for details.

Q 7.19. There is a guide for using Nebula Server as x86/x64 bridge?
R: Yes. Read The Nebula tip of the month (#16 - April 2011) for details.

Q 7.20. There is a guide for install and run Nebula Server in LAN Mode?
R: Yes. Read The Nebula tip of the month (#49 - July 2014) for details.

Q 7.21. There is a code in MAST page in VERSION. Can you explain me what does means?
R: Yes. For a complete description of those codes, read The Nebula tip of the month (#44 - December 2013)

Q 7.22. Nebula takes a long time in boot. What I can do?
R: Use Frozen Boot tag in MAST page .XML file. Read The Nebula tip of the month (#45 - March 2014) for details.

Q 7.23. Nebula is crashing randomly. What I can do?
R: Reinstall your Nebula license for the problematic computer and delete/rebuild Nebula database and cache. Read The Nebula tip of the month (#47 - May 2014) for details.

Q 7.24. After install Nebula only I can see PROG and MAST pages. What is wrong?
R: Go MAST page and change MODE from "0 Simple" to "1 Guru". Click on SAVE.

Q 7.25. I upgrade from Nebula3 Pro to Nebula3 Server. How can I know if upgrade go fine?
R: Go Nebula, MAST page, VERSION parameter. Nebula3 Server is the only current product with CORE6 in Nebula line up, so you should see: "Core60G4 x64" for example.
enriquesilveti
Expert
Expert

Return to Announcements